Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

maidstone away

+2
threeday week
Paul1978
6 posters

Go down

maidstone away Empty maidstone away

Post by Paul1978 Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:30 pm

anyone know if this is segregated? can't see it being, but says on their web site it might be. another 3g. hope we have 3 subs. yeboah back i assume and where is vassell? need greenslade for left side balance. gonna be a tough one, they beat yeovil and worthing at home recently.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

maidstone away Empty Re: maidstone away

Post by threeday week Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:09 pm

Vassell is highly injury prone and can't be risked on 3g surfaces apparently

threeday week

Paul1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 pm

threeday week wrote:Vassell is highly injury prone and can't be risked on 3g surfaces apparently
well he wont get paid then. 5 out of our last 12 games are 3g.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:26 pm

I don’t think there’s segregation as there’s no separate ticket option for away fans tomorrow on their site. I certainly hope not after the abuse we’ve put up with in the past with home fans only standing yards away from the away section. Hopefully plenty of exiles will make it as it’s a long midweek trip from Bath.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Paul1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:29 pm

comrade powell wrote:I don’t think there’s segregation as there’s no separate ticket option for away fans tomorrow on their site. I certainly hope not after the abuse we’ve put up with in the past with home fans only standing yards away from the away section. Hopefully plenty of exiles will make it as it’s a long midweek trip from Bath.
yes ridiculous to segregate us. can go down the other end too when kicking that direction.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:53 pm

Paul1978 wrote:anyone know if this is segregated? can't see it being, but says on their web site it might be. another 3g. hope we have 3 subs. yeboah back i assume and where is vassell? need greenslade for left side balance. gonna be a tough one, they beat yeovil and worthing at home recently.
Yeboah playing for Bristol City in Youth Cup on Thursday according to fixtures so won't be there.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:04 pm

great game. first 30 minute stale as both teams were sussing each other out. maidstone number 3 couldn't cope with clark though. he got booked early on. quality cross from frear too hayfields head, keeper saves and cody cookes scores. get in. cooke then missed what looked a sitter too make it 2 0. maidstone then went down the other end and equalised. pretty sure that was their first chance. 2nd half wilson closed down there number 6 who was trying to shield it for a goal kick. wilson won the ball and passed to ewan clark and delivered a great cross for frear to head home. they were fitter for the rest of the game and equalised. injury time led too 2 penalty appeals. them first which I didn't think was a penalty and fair play to the ref he didn't bow to the home appeals. wilson then got took down and I think it was a penalty. not being bias either. how ever he was never going to give it after not giving theirs a few minutes earlier. entertaining game. would have took a draw at the start but slightly disappointed we didn't take all 3. entertaining game. raynes had a blinder and so did casa grande. what a save he pulled off near the end. frear my MOTM, scored and great cross for cooke. we dug deep in front of a team with great support of 1800, but singing allez allez allez all game with a drum got really annoying. surely they have other songs to sing. get the trumpet back at TP. ha ha ha ha ha. instruments at football are just wrong. drowns out decent singing.

Last edited by Paul1978 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzer Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:45 pm

Excellent report, whole team effort and much of the game was at a frantic pace. Good crowd but the chanting/drumming was really monotonous, if we play them next year let’s hope they’ve learned another chant.

Mazzer

comrade powell, yuffie and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:51 pm

It sounded on the commentary that we could have won if we had taken our chances. Overall we have not been as clinical in our finishing as we were earlier in the season. But I suppose that is to be expected at this level of football.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:06 pm

BenE wrote:It sounded on the commentary that we could have won if we had taken our chances. Overall we have not been as clinical in our finishing as we were earlier in the season. But I suppose that is to be expected at this level of football.
Yes we missed a lot of chances. We should have thrashed havant and I missed Braintree home but apparently first half should have been 3 up. So that's 7 pontis dropped. We should be comfortably in the play off instead of it being incredibly tight. Onto Farnborough Saturday. We should have beat them away too. Cooke missed penalty and more missed chances. You might think im rose tinted but I'm not. We play bad I'll say it. Just frustrated with missed chances. High quality game last night though.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:14 pm

Very fair analysis from maidstone radio team. Really like this idea. Video at full time whistle from the maidstone stillman juniors.

https://youtu.be/rtwL-0bQNTI?si=AanFYjc94Tdsh3KG
Paul1978
Paul1978

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:41 pm

An excellent point gained from a difficult fixture. I agree that we looked the better of the two teams up to half time but we were under almost relentless pressure during the last quarter and the defence came out of the game with a lot of credit. 
The table is looking very tight and with some more challenging away games to come I think we need a return of maximum points from the next two at Twerton.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:29 pm

highlights click link. really was a pulsating game. loved too know the stats. like possession. shots on target/off target for both teams. can see why we've got identical records in table.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGb56XCta4k
Paul1978
Paul1978

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down