Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play offs are

+22
Steve Whites Missus
Notters
City 'til we're relegated
Beau Nash
Jon_BOA
Peter Newman
SteveBradley
tovid
Roy D Hacksaw
westonpundit
2weirdtown
Micawber
SteveS
OliverH
kermit
Luton Roman
stillmanjunior
LB
yuffie
Maurice Ashman
comrade powell
pete mac
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Play offs are  - Page 5 Empty Re: Play offs are

Post by Luton Roman Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Now 4pm ko to facilitate streaming according to Twitter journalist. Winner away to Weymouth ko 5.30pm on 25th July.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Do we have any news yet of whether the Conference are going to be obstructive to Dave streaming the games for us, given the worrying news about the Pay Per View streaming service? Hopefully Dave has camped out on the camera gantry and made sure any other potential cameramen are kept socially distanced from him. Also, whilst I am happy to contribute money to Bath City FC, I am not keen on lining the pockets of the chancers who are setting up this Pay Per View streaming. Looks like it is going to be £6 per match for quarter finals and semi finals and £7 for the final (or £16 for all ten play off games, North and South), which is way too expensive for this level of football.

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Good points Alan, but I suspect the National League will prohibit us streaming live to the 450 or so hoping to receive a free screening from the Crowdfunder appeal.
Presumably the club will receive a reasonable sum of money from the broadcasters.
I hope most will accept that the offer was made in good faith and move on....we shall see
I was all set to watch on Roman's on Demand and
I'm not sure whether my old fashioned TV set up will allow me to watch on Sportradar but hopefully I have a friend who can let me watch from a suitable social distance.

kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:00 pm

I agree that we can't have any quibble with the club, it was always made very clear that the streaming was dependent on approval from the Conference, and I know I made my donation on the basis of contributing to the club, and the live stream, if it happened, would be a bonus.  Given that the Crowdfunder page is still offering to provide live streaming, and with the same condition of "Subject to National League approval", I assume that the Conference have still not informed the club whether they have permission or not.  That is appallingly late notice, as Dave mentioned in the Zoom meeting on 23rd June that everything was in place apart from permission from the Conference, I would guess that the request to the Conference would have been made either before that date or very soon after, so the Conference have sat on the request for the last three weeks without providing an answer.  As for this company that has suddenly appeared to try to fleece Conference North and South fans, you have to wonder where they were for those long midweek trips to Darkest Essex, and whether there is any chance that they will be there to stream games when there are long, midweek trips next season.  I am guessing they will just take the money and run.  At least we will still be able to rely on the excellent Bath City Internet Radio!

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:32 pm

I think that the way the National League have been so appalling slow in announcing news recently that the club has a good case to stream the game live on Romans on Demand.
However, do we want to fall foul of the boys in suits?
kermit
kermit

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:46 pm

All very frustrating but it's the way that the media (and associated companies) has changed over recent years.
Gone are the days when the latest media development was standing behind Rumbelow's window, during your lunch break, watching test match cricket on 24 inch large screen television

Peter Newman

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Confirmation now on the City website that the Conference are being officious and stopping City from streaming the play offs. They must have realised that various clubs were taking great efforts to try to ensure that their fans could at least watch a stream of their play off games, without being fleeced by some outside company. Just goes to show how little the Conference consider the fans of their clubs. In recent years we have come across various small-minded clubs that have prevented City from filming away games or internet radio from providing coverage, and now the Conference are coming out as equally small-minded, preventing the club from streaming these play offs for their fans.

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:01 pm

Play offs are  - Page 5 Jose

Dave

OliverH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:55 pm

Is there a link to the streaming site where we CAN watch the game yet ?

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Dave wrote:Play offs are  - Page 5 Jose

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony73 Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Anyone know of any pubs showing match on Sunday?

Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:09 pm

We have plenty of TV coverage tonight as we will feature on HTV news starting at 6pm, Points West starting at 6.30pm and the One Show starting at 7pm.
comrade powell
comrade powell

pete mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:35 pm

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:20 pm

I dislike the BBC and the One show is pants. Was shocked to see my picture next to Bill Bailey who didn’t even know we were playing this weekend. Great promo for the Club though!

pete mac

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:48 pm

And guest appearances by Cheryl, Ashley and Mike York!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Romans Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:37 pm

First time I’ve watched The One Show - Gethin Jones has done well for himself but looks a bit different from his Twerton Park days.

Manchester Romans

pete mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5