Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the pitch retain a small slope?

4 posters

Go down

Can the pitch retain a small slope? Empty Can the pitch retain a small slope?

Post by OliverH Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:14 pm

[An offline supporter has asked me to post:]

Would it be possible, within the existing parameters of the planning application, to retain a small slope down towards the Bath End? This may reduce the impact on the Pop Side steps towards the Bath End. My understanding is that it is permissible for 3G pitches to have a small gradient.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Can the pitch retain a small slope? Empty Re: Can the pitch retain a small slope?

Post by tovid Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:10 pm

It is possible to have a slight gradient but the main purpose of the levelling is to get rid of the spoil from the development. Furthermore the new stand is designed to be level along its whole length.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Can the pitch retain a small slope? Empty Re: Can the pitch retain a small slope?

Post by Notters Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:24 pm

I would support this idea because I feel any big difference in height makes it hard to visualise what TP will look like after the development. Keeping those two ends in mind during the development would give me confidence that they won't be seen as an after-thought, and we won't end up with something that looks out of place.

Notters

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm

I think that the view of the Club and a majority of supporters would be that it would be really odd to spend so much on a ground redevelopment and a new pitch and still be left with a slope.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down