Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3G Pitch Grant

+3
Colin Voutt
comrade powell
Ashley
7 posters

Go down

3G Pitch Grant  Empty 3G Pitch Grant

Post by Ashley Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:57 am

Ashley

yuffie, Manchester Romans and Mazzer like this post

Back to top Go down

3G Pitch Grant  Empty Re: 3G Pitch Grant

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:26 pm

I assume there's a lot more money to find but that's good news. Perhaps the postponement of tomorrow's match will be one of the last for a frozen pitch.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:00 pm

I thought that the manager made some interesting points in his post match interview yesterday about the importance of the 3G pitch.
Social media has been full of gleeful comments following the Club's announcement from those who prefer grass - do they really think yesterday's game on that surface was a better watch than the recent matches on 3G at Maidstone, Slough and Worthing? And as Jerry Gill emphasised, the weather was to blame for the pitch's condition yesterday - the Rec group and volunteers have done a great job this season.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Micawber and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:24 pm

comrade powell wrote:I thought that the manager made some interesting points in his post match interview yesterday about the importance of the 3G pitch.
Social media has been full of gleeful comments following the Club's announcement from those who prefer grass - do they really think yesterday's game on that surface was a better watch than the recent matches on 3G at Maidstone, Slough and Worthing? And as Jerry Gill emphasised, the weather was to blame for the pitch's condition yesterday - the Rec group and volunteers have done a great job this season.
Agreed.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:19 pm

comrade powell wrote:I thought that the manager made some interesting points in his post match interview yesterday about the importance of the 3G pitch.
It was a pretty good interview all round.
Jerry naturally prefers grass himself but he pretty much nails all the advantages of 3G there.
There are plenty of people who are convinced 3G is harder on the players joints although I'm not convinced but if you can ensure a decent bounce then overall 3G has got to be conducive to better football for the spectator.
The main downside I can see is that if you are a player that only plays on 3G you will find it more challenging to play on grass.
But for the club the benefits are a no brainer.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:53 pm

prefer grass of course. but the 2 -2 draws on 3g at maidstone and worthing were excellent spectacles. the 1-1 draw down havant was decent too on 3g although frustrating after many sitters missed. if its cheaper for club than grass we have to do it sadly. never a postponed game would be a treat in winter. of course when we get in league 2 we need a plan too change back to grass. i think we have huge potential and if we could some how get the gates too 3000 average with 2 promotions we could be a mid/lower league 2 team. a city this size deserves football league team. getting ahead of myself but we can all dream. only draw back is no beer on terraces. the scottish premier league had 3g so surely the football league should extend 3g too league 1 so teams don't have too rip up 3g if they win the conference national. harrogate and sutton had too and now sutton might go back down. rigmarole for sutton.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:18 pm

In fact it’s no beer on terraces in the NL as well. While it’s great to dream of reaching the EFL it isn’t going to happen without a huge influx of money into the Club to allow us to compete with the majority of clubs at the next level up. Even a cup run like Maidstone enjoyed this season would only go some way to paying off the debts.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:32 am

bundesliga have drinking. england its illegal at GM Vauxhall conference national and above. absolute rigmarole. not reality getting into league 2 but its a dream with bath population and size. i never thought barrow and sutton would get into league 2 with lower gates than us in their non league days. shame bath rugby are so huge. i think our increased gates have something to do with drinking on terraces too. lovely sunny day good friday. football and beer is fantastic.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:48 am

I assume the upcoming Torquay match will be in the same category as Yeovil's in December and the bars will only be selling soft drinks.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:27 pm

comrade powell wrote:I assume the upcoming Torquay match will be in the same category as Yeovil's in December and the bars will only be selling soft drinks.

2 hours 12 minutes within the limit... Very Happy 3G Pitch Grant  1f601
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:03 pm

I suppose the reason we did not achieve all the available grants is because we are not a community owned club. The community is the largest shareholder in a limited company. Being a limited company is not all that advantageous, unless a big money player wants to invest. That is unlikely given the largest shareholders refusal to relinquish control. It seems we have the worst of both ownership options.

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down