Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 3 (Brunt 3m, 20m, Stearn 62m) v. Gloucester 0 Att 775 full time

+6
comrade powell
Bluebird
Steve Whites Missus
tovid
pete mac
Luton Roman
10 posters

Go down

City 3 (Brunt 3m, 20m, Stearn 62m) v. Gloucester 0 Att 775 full time  Empty City 3 (Brunt 3m, 20m, Stearn 62m) v. Gloucester 0 Att 775 full time

Post by Luton Roman Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:38 pm

Brunt for Mills only change to starting team. Benchwarmers must be getting splinters.

Last edited by Luton Roman on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 pm; edited 5 times in total

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

City 3 (Brunt 3m, 20m, Stearn 62m) v. Gloucester 0 Att 775 full time  Empty Re: City 3 (Brunt 3m, 20m, Stearn 62m) v. Gloucester 0 Att 775 full time

Post by pete mac Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Sounds very one sided on the live commentary. Hopefully we can put the game to bed. What a start though

pete mac

Back to top Go down

City 3 (Brunt 3m, 20m, Stearn 62m) v. Gloucester 0 Att 775 full time  Empty Re: City 3 (Brunt 3m, 20m, Stearn 62m) v. Gloucester 0 Att 775 full time

Post by Luton Roman Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Get Mills on pronto to get him a goal.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Mills looks desperate to score but he will get chances. Pretty impressive performance all round. Raynes was my MOM. I thought he was terrific. But Brunt led the line very well.

Mind you Glos were very accommodating. Hardly a foul in the game and even when 3 down tried to play football.

Great crowd for a night game in August.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Great crowd and just the result for both team and supporter momentum.

Chatting with two people who were attending their first and second City game. Both loved it and were off after match to buy a t-shirt.

More of the same Saturday please......

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 am

Thought I'd pop down for this one. Decent performance on a lovely playing surface. Top marks to your groundsman for producing that after the summer we've had.
Gloucester look like they could be in for a long hard season - surprised at the relative lack of support for them?
Good evening all round with the Nam turning Truro over at a packed Plainmoor (129 - Truro won't survive surely?)

Bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks for your support, Bluebird! Yes, it was a very decent performance building on a hard won victory on Saturday.

Agree with your thoughts on Gloucester - their forum seem agreed that their squad is Southern League standard and that's where they could well be heading. Will be a pity if that happens - we don't want to lose local clubs from this south east biased league. Strangely after our third goal they seemed to be on damage limitation and put everyone behind the ball, making it very difficult for us to break them down. Perhaps they should have started with those tactics.

And a good response from your boys after Saturday - yes, troubled times ahead for Truro!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Missed Saturday but got a report at half-time from someone who said that we had lost pretty to Dartfor d and Torquay, won ugly at H & R and won pretty last night which sounds about right. Interesting to hear Brunt in the after match interview also be very critical of the performance on Saturday - even though we won - and said that we need to be up at them from the start last night and we certainly were. Someone who saw us for the first time and heard Brunt said that Brunt sounded like he didn't want to be at this level. I am not sure but, if he wants to return to league, keeping banging them in like last night is a good way of doing it.

I thought that the balance of the side was generally right. Our starting back four did very well but I am still slightly worried about - specifically Cundy's - frequent overplaying of the ball and almost getting dispossessed. Raynes can also suffer from this a bit but tends to do it further up the pitch in less dangerous positions. Both almost always recover very well and I really like us playing out of the back but I do worry that we are going to get punished. However, we didn't really look troubled last night. I thought the substitutions to shore up the midfield and consolidate the game were very good as well. I was surprised that Richards didn't come on for Morton and as Sir Roy of Hacksaw pointed out, Morton is actually a great cover in front of the defenders for someone so slight and young looking and, of course, his distribution is really. We really do need cover in the middle of the park as both Straker an Raynes love getting forward. Anyway no complaints as it was a really professional assured performance especially once we'd quietened them down completely with the third goal. I was slightly worried that we were going to rue not getting three or four in the first half but, after the third, it was only ever going one way and I can't think of a sustained bit of Gloucester City pressure. They weren't great although I was impressed by their young number 14 when he came on but we made sure we dominated them.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Noah Smerdon is in the England schools team, he looks to have a bright future ahead of him if we don't batter it out of him.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:49 pm

I don’t think we can expect Brunt to say he wants to be at this level as he’d obviously be lying. He’s only 25 so will certainly be looking to get back to full time football. Might be a decent arrangement for both sides though - we get a load of goals and he gets the games he wants.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, Ryan was perfectly respectful and professional in his answers. The guy I mentioned just noticed undertones, I think. As you say, it would be great if it was a win-win for both club and player.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 am

Excellent attendance last night as well. Hopefully building on that and the Dartford game's with another biggish crowd on Saturday. Keep playing this way and bringing in the crowds while the weather's good and it bodes well for the rest of the season.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corstonian Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Ashley wrote:I don’t think we can expect Brunt to say he wants to be at this level as he’d obviously be lying. He’s only 25 so will certainly be looking to get back to full time football. Might be a decent arrangement for both sides though - we get a load of goals and he gets the games he wants.
I remember watching Ryan playing for Rovers, where he looked very promising before a knee injury wrecked his chances. The same happened to him at Plymouth and Exeter so it was great to see him finally fully fit again and showing what he can do. He's clearly got bags of determination and a single-minded attitude so, if his ill-luck with injuries is behind him, he could be a real asset at least for a while.

Corstonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down