Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A request from Wealdstone

2 posters

Go down

A request from Wealdstone  Empty A request from Wealdstone

Post by comrade powell Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:57 pm

One of the features of the Wealdstone programme is an article written by a visiting supporter. I've produced something for our last three visits so it would be good if something more interesting was written for our visit next month! Would anyone be up for it? Tim Parks, their programme editor, can help by sending some questions to base the article on. Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

A request from Wealdstone  Empty Re: A request from Wealdstone

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Many thanks to the 3 who have contacted me. The programme for the match will become a collector's must have!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by daven Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 am

I supported Wealdstone in the 60's and used to go to nearly every away match, had some good times. Remember going to a FA Cup round in Torpoint Cornwall and we travelled all night on the coach and we broke down about 3am in the morning. The snow was bad and the ref abandoned the half time break and carried on the second half. He said as the supporters travelled all that way he wouldn't abandon the match! Can you imagine that happening today! And we won the match. Wealdstone done a history of Wealdstone FC book and I sent them a lot of my photos of Wealdstone matches and I think they published them. I would be interested in having a programme when we play them. I moved to Radstock in the 60's and have been supporting Bath FC for over 50 years. (now moved to Minehead).  Dave Neighbour

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Good to hear from you, Dave. That's a great tale about the coach to Torpoint! While I never supported the Stones, I watched them a lot in the 70s and 80s as I only lived a few miles from Lower Mead. We've had some great games with them over the years and their fans are amongst the most passionate. They've had more downs than ups in recent years and here's hoping they represent our league in the Trophy final.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by daven Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks - that is interesting. They had a good team in the early 60's.
Yes would be great to see Wealdstone in the final!

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down