Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A request from Bas...

+13
thomasmaxbaer
Twerton Parker
Midsomer-chris
Dave
2weirdtown
RUDI GULITS
Jon_BOA
Dodgycarpet
Marc Monitor
Dave N
Mark Tanner
Steve Whites Missus
comrade powell
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A request from Bas... Empty A request from Bas...

Post by comrade powell Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:05 pm

If anyone can help with selling Matchday Draw tickets before Saturday's match, please ring Bas on 07881728689.

Thanks
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

A request from Bas... Empty Re: A request from Bas...

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Will I miss the start of the game?

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm pretty sure you won't.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:39 pm

We can expect a 1000 or so on Sat and so Bas will need a hand selling when people come in. There will helpers there from 1.30 ready to set up the HQ and sell to sponsors and people in the bar, so if any volunteers can post on here if they can help from say 2.15 onwards that'll be great! Your commitment would only be until 5 to 3 then you can enjoy the game, reporting back to the HQ when you're done!

Ideally we'd want one more in the HQ with me too; to help answer any questions and hopefully sell lots of badges and DVDs. There are only a few of the limited edition 125 tees that Marc produced, priced at just £12. Calendars are still available too at just £5. We also have a limited run of 125 keyrings, magnets and coasters at £3.50 each or mix and match 3 for £10.

Official club replica shirts are only available through the club shop outside the ground, along with any hats and scarfs they have left.

Also those hoping to get a matchday programme then get to the ground early as they will only be on sale in the bar and at the programme hut. Expect another sellout which is only a good thing for the club!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave N Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:58 pm

I would like a programme sent to me as I can't get to the match. Can you post me one?

Dave N

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Mark, I am going to try and get there early to get the Food Bank basket out so will try and get over to you after. I will bring the bag of t-shirts with me as well so there will be plenty to sell.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Nice one Marc, should be our biggest opportunity (so far) to get rid of the last ones. 100 printed was just right!

Dave N, have you been in touch with the club yet? Let me know how you get on. If you can't speak to anyone there I'll buy one and put it aside for you and post it like last time. Just let me know!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave N Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:28 pm

MARK, I will send some money to the club tomorrow like last time, who would I mark for attention please?

Dave N

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:36 am

Out of interest how many programmes will we print? Seems odd for any product to know in advance that not enough will be available to meet anticipated demand with certainty!
On another note I can't believe we only expect to get a thousand - it's a huge game. One of the great benefits we have over other clubs at this level is a huge reservoir of fans for big games who normally are at the rugby or with their family.  The play off final  is a case in point.

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Address it to Andy Weeks Dave, he'll get it done!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Dodgycarpet wrote:Out of interest how many programmes will we print? Seems odd for any product to know in advance that not enough will be available to meet anticipated demand with certainty!
On another note I can't believe we only expect to get a thousand - it's a huge game. One of the great benefits we have over other clubs at this level is a huge reservoir of fans for big games who normally are at the rugby or with their family.  The play off final  is a case in point.

Aren't the rugby at home tomorrow though?

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Bath rugby are at home to Northampton
2nd v 1st
no chance of any rugby boys comming to watch us
good chance its on tv.think it s a 15:15 ko
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:32 pm

BBC Points West sport section came live from TP tonight.  Interviews with Adie, Jimmer, Danny Ball and Paul Williams.  Rugby took a bit of a back seat so well done whoever got that set up.
Very good publicity that's probably persuaded some gloryhunters to come tomorrow.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:52 pm

Can't we change the day or time when there is a big (or any) game that coincides with the rugby? We'd have to if we ground shared, and I am sure there is a significant income lost through those who love rugby and football going to the rugby. Can't blame them - its top flight, usually entertaining stuff and Saturday is a massive game for them. Couldn't we get the police to do it for us on "safety" grounds??! (Ok only joking, but only half-joking!)

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:38 am

Why should we?! It might upset some but balls am I willing to watch weekend football at any other time than 3pm on a Saturday just because Bath Drugby are on

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 am

Well I also much prefer 3 pm on Saturdays but if occasionally it meant a significant increase in gate money to city then that's more important.
Also important is if it were to allow people who really want to come but can't because they are rugby regulars but still support their local football club too. Same point but a different side of the coin.

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 am

This BathRugby debate has been going on for years. While I'm aware of a few rugby fans who come to watch us when it's convenient, I do wonder how many there are in total. One way of settling it would be to do some market research at the next big game at TP when the rugby are not playing. The Woking play off final was such an occasion. a simple question asking if they frequent the Rec would do. In the meantime, keep to 3pm Saturdays please.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:10 am

I reiterate my point about the programmes. Arrived at the ground 25 to 3, get inside and they've sold out. Don't want to spoil a great day but living abroad I really cherish the programmes from the games I can get to and consequently was really annoyed!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-chris Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:15 am

We went in the ground at 2.40p.m. and could not get one for our grandson, who was very disappointed. Crying or Very sad Like Dodgycarpet, he treasures the programmes from the matches he can get to. I would be interested to know how many were printed. Please tell me that they ordered more today than for an ordinary match. Mad
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:39 am

I doubt if anyone from the club will come on to answer your question, so I will try. i believe a formula is used, where a rough estimate of the attendance is made and then a percentage of that figure is the number of programmes ordered. The danger is that the club is left with a couple of hundred unsold programmes if they miscalculate. I would have thought it would be very difficult to predict yesterday's attendance - it certainly beat mine by at least 400.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:37 am

I'll post you my programme if you want. Slightly creased on the corners from being squeezed into my pocket

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Twerton Parker Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:57 am

Midsomer-chris wrote:We went in the ground at 2.40p.m. and could not get one for our grandson, who was very disappointed.   Crying or Very sad Like Dodgycarpet, he treasures the programmes from the matches he can get to. I would be interested to know how many were printed. Please tell me that they ordered more today than for an ordinary match. Mad

The chap in the programme booth at the Bath end told me 500 were printed.  If I'd had my wits about me I'd have asked how much of an increase over the normal print run this is but didn't!

Twerton Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Then I would guess they predicted a gate of 1500
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:33 pm

The club failed all over the place to capitalise on yesterday's attendance. I was in the Supporters' Club HQ and they sold out of whatever the club had given him in the way of scarves and hats before 2.30 (last 8 Romans t-shirts still available there, everyone!). Anyone wanting more were pointed in the direction of the club shop - which, of course, no-one had noticed - so hopefully they had more. However, I do know that they had very few club shirts and they sold out very quickly.

The major loser though was the bar being shut at half-time. What was the reason for that? Was it on police advice? I know they were packed beforehand and it would have been along queue for a pint at half-time but they would have made some money surely? I know the burger bar and tea bar had long queues but that really can't be helped.

These commercial considerations have to be sort out whoever is running the club. We can't rely on cup run prize money and admissions, we need to maximise every opportunity. Indeed, we definitely need to do it should another big occasion arises in our 125th anniversary year.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasmaxbaer Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Have to agree with that. I bought a friend to the match and he wanted to buy a club scarf so we went to the club shop and they had sold out of them. Obviously a shame, however it has to be said, Andy works very hard there so I'm not trying to offend him in anyway. He was the person who managed to get me a signed shirt for Christmas so I'm very grateful for his hard work!

thomasmaxbaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next