Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy Lofty

3 posters

Go down

Jimmy Lofty Empty Jimmy Lofty

Post by comrade powell Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:45 am

More sad news of a former player - I’ve recently been told that Jimmy Lofty sadly passed away last week. I guess that there aren’t many forum members who saw Jimmy play for us. He was signed from Birmingham City by Ivor Powell in 1965 and made 108 appearances over nearly two seasons. This was when I first started following the Club and his great dribbling down the right wing and superb crosses, plus his mop of blond, curly hair, made an impression on me.

He played alongside the likes of Billy Horton, Ian MacFarlane and Mike Denton and for me the outstanding moment was his goal against Sutton in front of over 6000 which earned us a second round cup tie with Brighton.

RIP Jimmy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Lofty Empty Re: Jimmy Lofty

Post by Luton Roman Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Yes right at the start of my supporting City and towards the end of his stint. Beel, Carter, Gough, Whitehouse were some around then to add to your list.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Corstonian Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Yes - I was at that FA Cup tie with Sutton. Jimmy's goal was around 5 minutes from full time as I recall, and there was pandemonium!

Corstonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down