Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did everyone do today?

+10
OliverH
SteveS
yuffie
A36
Luton Roman
stillmanjunior
Marc Monitor
London Calling
comrade powell
Ashley
14 posters

Go down

What did everyone do today? Empty What did everyone do today?

Post by Ashley Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Odd to have a Saturday without watching City.

I went to Paulton v Histon, Histon won 3-0 and former City striker Scott Wilson got sent off late on for an awful challenge.

Anyone else watch a game?

Ashley

Back to top Go down

What did everyone do today? Empty Re: What did everyone do today?

Post by comrade powell Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Watched Arsenal stuff Liverpool on the box. Sterling gave a laughable impersonation of a world class player.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:00 pm

£100,000 a week not good enough for him apparently...

London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Bas saw Larkhall win 3-0 at Wantage
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:29 pm

I spent the afternoon in the Hop Pole with my wife. Yesterday, however, I went to see Keynsham Town lose 3-0 at home to Portishead. I was beaten somewhat by my mate who had already seen the Paulton Hospital Cup Final between Coleford Athletic and Victoria Sports and then Odd Down v Cadbury Heath before he joined me. What's odder is that he drove all the way down from London to see these three matches.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Today I tidied the kitchen and did some ironing. Thought about going to Chippenham v Poole but changed mind.

Yesterday I watched Welton Rovers lose 1-0 at home to Radstock Town. Late goal in a largely forgettable game. Pitch was awful. Big crowd though, not far off what we had on Tuesday night I reckon.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Good call, 382 was the crowd apparently.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Welton had 382. This in the same division as Roman Glass who had 59.

Paulton had 140 today. The gap between Southern League and Conf South football wise is enormous.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Whilst I didn't get to a game today, I can report that young A18 was at Wrexham v Alfreton in the Conference, and was at Crewe v Crawley in League One yesterday.

However, on Monday, when I will be at Havant, young A18 is planning a trip to see Chesterfield v Crewe also in League One.

All this will be followed next weekend by Schalke v Freiburg on Saturday, Cologne v Hoffenheim on Sunday and Dusseldorf v Kaiserslautern on Monday, which will make six games in eleven days for young A18 (he does get around a bit).

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Good call, 382 was the crowd apparently.

Wow, as many as that? Fair play. It was the busiest I've seen it there. I only went along because a mate of mine is on Welton's board of directors and does a lot of work for them as well as his dad. My mate edits their programme as well, we think we're the only Sunday team in the world to possess two programme editors.

They could do with a 3G pitch. As far as I'm aware Welton's reserves, youth and a Sunday team all use West Clewes.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Cleaned and tidied the house ahead of the babysitter arriving so we could go to Bristol to watch Tim Vine.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Saw Chippenham beat Poole 1-0. Poole are a very big side so will be suited to Conf South in that respect, giant centre backs Walker and some other guy. No score at half time and I expected Poole to go for it second half going down the slope but they were poor.
Holgate scored winner 5 mins from time, he should be playing at a higher level. Have seem him a couple of times this season and his application does seem to have improved. Coupe and Preece did held their own against the Poole giants.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Watched fgr capitulate to aldershot 3-1 in misty rain yesterday, then spent 4 hours getting back to bath because of train failure. Friends from London visited today so talked house prices for a bit and then went to watch my TV club Chelsea beat Stoke down the bath brew house.

I ended up sharing a midnight cab from Swindon to bath with an Aldershot fan, courtesy of First Great Western. Apparently they have this thing called the 'tour of duty' -once a season, they pick a random away fixture and nominate it as the tour of duty, try to make it into a home fixture by bringing shedloads of fans. As a home-only fan I quite like it,I'd get behind it.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Went swimming this p.m and due to watch the trailblazers vs Leicester tonight-failed to get there.

Got a late invite to watch Derby last night so went with 32000 others. Exciting game but depressed locals contemplating playoffs again.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Missing a good Saturday night game. Trailblazers 53-50 up into last quarter

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:59 pm

pete mac wrote:Went swimming this p.m and due to watch the trailblazers vs Leicester tonight-failed to get there.

Got a late invite to watch Derby last night so went with 32000 others. Exciting game but depressed locals contemplating playoffs again.

Depressed Stillman as well. Have Chelsea, Derby and Preston in an each way treble from before the season started. Chelsea top, Preston looking good in second, need Derby top two (no idea what happens if they get promoted in the play-offs).
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:29 pm

National Trust visit to Waddesdon Manor near Aylesbury followed by lovely tapas lunch in nearby gastropub. Did pass Pitstone FC ground in Spartan League and Aylesbury FC in Southern League and distressed Luton fans at 7th successive defeat yesterday.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Luton v Exeter looked a cracker.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Went by train to Merthyr v Mangotsfield. Lovely journey up the valley from Cardiff. Over 1000 there, and Merthyr won 4-0. Mangotsfield only had 5 players booked, including, surprisingly, Hoggy! Merthyr are now basically back up into the southern Premier, 12 points ahead, 4 games left, with a goal difference of 75, 38 more than the second club. Oh, and their fantastic 3G pitch really does allow great football.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:54 pm

I wouldn't want to be playing Merthyr anytime soon.

As it goes, Keynsham have, of course, got a 3G pitch and it was my first experience of watching it rather than playing on it. I looked closely for a while at how the ball ran etc. but, after not long, completely forgot that it was being played on 3G. There were a couple of dead balls that went very high but I am not sure whether that was the standard of football rather than the surface.

I am seeing my mate who plays for Keynsham after the holidays so I will ask him his experience. He has only played for Keynsham for a season having played for Welton and Oldfield before so he will have a good perspective.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:11 am

Saturday we went to Hanham to watch the Gloucestershire County League top-versus-second clash, AEK-Boko v Cheltenham Civil Service. The Civvies pretty much clinched the title with a meat and spuds 3-0 win.

In a weekend of football, Good Friday saw us take in a Western League double header. We started off at the Premier clash between Longwell Green Sports and Bitton - a testy affair that ended 1-1, before heading up the hill to see Oldland Abbotonians v Roman Glass St George - which again ended up one a piece, despite Oldland's dominance throughout.

Thinking of doing another local double-header tomorrow to compete the set.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 am

went down my local to watch Arsenal stuff us.
should of stayed at home.
spent the rest of the day looking after wife and kids
wife nearly cut her thumb off 2 weeks ago so only got use of 1 hand for at least 10 weeks.
and had plenty to drink to try and forget Liverpool's crap performance
as for Sterling if they get a good offer for him they should cash in
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down