Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An evening of nostalgia

+5
2weirdtown
pete mac
turnstyle13
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
9 posters

Go down

An evening of nostalgia Empty An evening of nostalgia

Post by comrade powell Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:00 pm

On Friday 6th March the Supporters Club will be holding a Bath City FC Nostalgia evening. The main part of the evening will be Phil Tanner showing old photos he has of our beloved football club. It is hoped that as the photos are shown it will spark old memories in which people can recollect and share stories with each other.

It would be great if people could bring other pieces of memorabilia from our past and present so people can also look through and appreciate our rich history. In addition, If there is an appetite there could be opportunities to buy and sell some items as well.

The event will happen in TR Hayes lounge; doors open at 19:30 for a 20:00 start and the event should be over by 22:30
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

An evening of nostalgia Empty Re: An evening of nostalgia

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

That sounds really good, any chance of maybe some goals compilation or anything running in the background? Not over the top of Phil's photos, of course.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Not sure. Afraid I won't be there as I will already have set up base camp for the following day's match at Hemel.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:12 pm

I am finalising the list of photos, but it'll be approx. 90 images covering the period from 1950 to 1999.
So its late 20th century City

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:47 pm

This will be a great evening.

It will be great to see your private City photo collection on show!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Very sorry to hear that this was so poorly attended on Friday. Phil will have spent a lot of his time preparing it and he deserved a better turn out.

The SC is always looking to organise events but the motivation diminishes when there's the prospect of them being poorly supported.

Out of interest, if it's a case of some nights being more convenient than others, which days would be a no go for you?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Some thoughts.
Weekdays best for me as any social events attended generally include my other half - and no, this is one for us blokes.
A bit more notice would be good.  Was this just publicised on the forum/twitter etc, ie, internet.  If so that's fine to get the ball rolling and start a word of mouth thing.  As a nostalgia evening, the more likely appeal is to older guys who may not use internet much if at all.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:01 pm

I announced it over the tannoy at the NF and Paulton games, but not sure if I had the details in time for the programme for the former.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:36 pm

2weirdtown wrote:  As a nostalgia evening, the more likely appeal is to older guys who may not use internet much if at all.

Yes, that's a good point. But I sent details to the Chronicle and I assume they were included in Thursday's edition.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:12 am

Martin - I noticed that this event was on, but only by reading this Forum thread. Suggest that earlier, wider and more variable media coverage may have helped. Personally, Chris and I gave it a miss because, as an earlier posting says, the event was going to cover an era prior to either of us following City, so it was of limited interest and did not warrant a 20 mile round trip to attend it, especially prior to a very early start to an 'away' match the following day. Having said all that there must have been a lot of 'fans' to which such a night would have been enjoyable, so I wish you luck in trying to find out why they didn't attend in greater numbers.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:26 pm

I forgot as I failed to diarise it, sorry. Embarassed
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Midsomer-steve wrote:so I wish you luck in trying to find out why they didn't attend in greater numbers.

Thanks for your post, Steve. Just to be clear, this is not a witch hunt just a means of finding out which are the best nights of the week for events like this. I had already made arrangements to be away when it was decided to go with last Friday for the event, so I'm one of potentially many who could not make it.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:02 pm

Well you all missed a great night, may have only been about 8 of us, but it was a really well thought out evening by Phil Tanner.

It was great for a 'younger' fan like me to be able to hold pieces of City's history and discover more about the club I support. There was even a chance to buy away shirts for just £25 too!

A big thank you to Andy Weeks who allowed us to have the room, even the skittlers were impressed and sat down between frames to listen in.
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

An evening of nostalgia Empty Sorry

Post by pete mac Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Sorry I missed it.

I hope there might be another opportunity

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzodog Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:01 pm

I went and it was great evening. Shame about the low attendance. But it shouldn't matter whether it's before your time or not, the old photos from the 50s & 60's held just as much interest as those from the 70's onwards.
The so called 'good book' missed out on the personal stories on the club it's evenings like these that will help keep alive the memories.
I think Phil and or the SC should do this again, and encourage other supporters to bring items of interest down.

bonzodog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down