Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEET THE MANAGER EVENING

+3
Jon_BOA
Dusty Lynfield
comrade powell
7 posters

Go down

MEET THE MANAGER EVENING Empty MEET THE MANAGER EVENING

Post by comrade powell Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Just in case you didn't notice it mentioned on the club's website, we'll be holding a Meet the Manager evening on Monday 14 January, starting at 7.30 pm in the John Reynolds Lounge when Jerry Gill and Paul Williams, Chair of Football, will be answering your questions.

All supporters are very welcome to join us.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

MEET THE MANAGER EVENING Empty Re: MEET THE MANAGER EVENING

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Just flagging this up again. I really hope there will be a good turnout on Monday evening - some events in recent months have been poorly supported and it would be nice to have a real buzz there again. I appreciate that these meetings tend to be better attended if form on the pitch is not good and supporters want to get things off their chest. However, Jerry is always interesting to listen to and as well as being passionate about our club, he has a wealth of different experiences in the game. Paul Williams, Chair of Football, will also be there and will be able to give some background to issues that we supporters do not always appreciate.

This is an occasion to ask questions about any footballing matter, whether it be about this season or the future.

See you there!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Oh, and the bar in the lounge will be open!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Lynfield Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:23 pm

I’ll be there! Jerry is always great value for money and I have a couple of questions lined up!
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am

comrade powell wrote: I appreciate that these meetings tend to be better attended if form on the pitch is not good and supporters want to get things off their chest.

True enough of most things within a football club (and life maybe?!) that people seem to moan about the negatives, but not accentuate the positives! I'm hoping Dave is filming this, as I'm on holiday so can't make it.

On accentuating the positives, well done to Carole and the rest who've been involved with the Torquay ticket sales, their forums/facebook etc., is pretty full of praise for the "lovely, helpful lady on the phone"

Last edited by Jon_BOA on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Martin, grateful if you can ask Jerry/Paul whether there are plans/options/budget to strengthen squad for the play off push? Thanks.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Now that City are in with an opportunity of glory this season I have been thinking like Luton Roman; scratch how best can we maintain 3rd place or stay in the playoff positions Question  

There are twenty-one named on the team page but how many are available for selection Question

I was trying to remember who is in / out, temporary / permanent loan, injured, then there are suspensions to consider Question

The squad almost always has a shortage on the bench leaving very little option for a change of tactics.

Jerry has said the team budget is 10th highest in the division Question

What are the plans of management for the rest of the season to strengthen the squad Question

PS: I have arranged a party of 5, including four newbies, there could be more, to attend the Torquay game. bounce
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 pm

comrade powell wrote:Just flagging this up again. I really hope there will be a good turnout on Monday evening - some events in recent months have been poorly supported and it would be nice to have a real buzz there again. I appreciate that these meetings tend to be better attended if form on the pitch is not good and supporters want to get things off their chest. However, Jerry is always interesting to listen to and as well as being passionate about our club, he has a wealth of different experiences in the game. Paul Williams, Chair of Football, will also be there and will be able to give some background to issues that we supporters do not always appreciate.

This is an occasion to ask questions about any footballing matter, whether it be about this season or the future.

See you there!

Thank you Martin.

WE give my apologies.

I am playing a League Crib match.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:02 am

Any feedback on this would be welcome I'm sure.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Very positive evening about 40 present.

Dave did film it.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Any feedback on this would be welcome I'm sure.

It was a very well attended meeting and I'm sure that everyone there thought it was time well spent.

Jerry kicked things off by giving a brief summary of the season so far and then answered over thirty questions from the floor on a wide range of topics, including players' best positions, the situation with loan signings, positive relationships with local league clubs, the academy players, match officials, captain's role, training and the Torquay match on Saturday. He also gave a very amusing answer when asked to compare the present squad with the one he was part of which played the two matches against Stoke.

Paul Williams was able to offer some insight into the various arrangements in place when players are loaned from other clubs (without going into individual details) and answers to questions which were relevant to his position as chair of football.

I certainly learnt a lot about what is involved in managing a team at this level and I'm sure it was a worthwhile evening for the 40+ supporters who attended.

Many thanks to Jerry and to Paul for giving their time and also to chair Bob Chester for keeping us all in order!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Good to see the teachers in charge.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:54 pm

We stand together!
comrade powell