Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collection of stats

5 posters

Go down

Collection of stats Empty Collection of stats

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 pm

First time City have scored seven in a league game since Crawley (H) in January, when we won 7-0. That was also the last time we'd scored five in one half in the league.

Nick McCootie becomes the 31st City player to score four in a game. Last to do it was Dave Gilroy in a 4-1 win over Newport in the Setanta Shield in October 2008, with Graham Colbourne the last in the league in a 5-0 win over Salisbury in January 1998. He needed one more to be the first City player to score five in a game since Len Pickard in 1958 when we beat Dartford 7-0. John Freegard has since scored six in one match, a 9-0 win over Watchet Town in the Somerset Premier Cup.

Without looking it up, I think Nick's first half treble was the first by a City player since Darren Edwards at Willand in the FA Cup in 2009.

The first time we've won a game 7-4 since 3rd November 1928 when another Chas was on target, Brittan, in a victory against Ebbw Vale.

Before tonight, the last time we won with a game containing 11 goals was an 8-3 vs Bristol Rovers Reserves in 1929.

We were still two goals away from our highest aggregate score of all-time - a 10-3 vs Cardiff City Reserves on 9th March 1946
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Collection of stats Empty Re: Collection of stats

Post by comrade powell Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Disagree with some of those!

I've just been trawling back through the good book to find the last time we were involved in a league game with 11 goals. I may have missed some, but the only occasion it gets near since WW2 was in 59/60 when we won 8-2 at King's Lynn. Way back in 44/45 there were 2 matches equalling tonight's total - Aberaman 5-6 City, City 7-4 Swansea (both in regional League North). So we have to go back to the season before to find the last time there were more than 11 goals - City 16-3 Aberaman when another Mc was in the goals (McCulloch with 5)

Is this the 1st time since Chris Townsend's feat that a player has scored 4 times in a league match?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:34 pm

D'oh - forgot to filter 6-5s when I went through the all time results spreadsheet which Yuffie initially compiled. Couldn't find that 16-3. Were we 16-0 up?...

Colbourne's four came nearly seven years after Townsend. Both McCootie and Colbourne were signed from Paulton.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:56 am

Here's another stat. It is the highest score I have ever witnessed.

Also 7 goals with neither Pratt nor Stearn scoring.

How many goals has Jimmer got now?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:58 am

Oh I see Jim's goal has been taken away from him.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:32 am

Yes, Zac Evans' proud moment of scoring his first competitive goal for the club gets announced as Jim. Watched it back on Chris Stone's video and it's definitely him.

I'm either going to bring a a pair of binoculars or plant a few webcams near the penalty areas so I can see who is scoring a goal. Our numbers look like something from an over-used Sunday league kit and Farnborough's were miniscule.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am

Farnborough have changed their shirts mid-season like us, the ones they had at the start were dark blue with yellow sleeves, and black numbers... Shocked

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:47 pm

you lot need to get out more
Smile
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content