Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Altrincham

+13
pete mac
RUDI GULITS
London Calling
Corstonian
Marc Monitor
bonzodog
Beau Nash
comrade powell
Ashley
Twerton Parker
Dave N
kermit
Luton Roman
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v Altrincham - Page 2 Empty Re: City v Altrincham

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Laziness, style of play, whatever, I think that I would be pissed off if I was Pratt (who does go above and beyond, granted) or one of his other team-mates who was looking for some pressure to be relieved up front in the last 30 minutes when legs are tiring.

It would be forgivable if he were one of those players who didn't do much but then scored but he isn't. He might have been at Paulton and, if this is the case, then it may be hard to change his style but he has to go up a level now.

Diallo put in a fair amount of work and am very pleased with him so far. Indeed, so did the rest of the team which makes McCootie's lack of endeavour such a stark contrast.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:08 am

I felt a bit sorry for McCootie at one point near the end. Stearn (I think) played it through buy McCootie was miles offside, so he stopped and didn't go for the ball. Rather than Altrincham having a free-kick about 60 yards from goal, where they would have just piled everyone forward, as he didn't go for it they had a throw-in about 90/100 yards out which wasn't going to do as much damage.

He'll be needed a lot in the run-in I'm sure as the only downfall of this trophy run is a host of Saturday-Tuesday games. If we win in the quarters we have a Somerset Premier Cup quarter-final in the middle of the semi-finals for the trophy. Hopefully we'll either withdraw or just throw in a supporters team or something. From the Somerset Premier Cup, that is. Quite like the FA Trophy now.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 am

I sincerely hope the policy of playing youngsters in the Somerset Cup continues. It always goes t1ts up whenever the big boys play. Play them right through to the final.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:17 am

I would seriously just chuck in an entire Academy side. We've got more than enough Saturday/Tuesday games to worry about a pointless competition like this.

Unless we're going all out for an FA Trophy, Somerset Premier Cup and promotion treble.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2