Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City's remaining home games

+5
Dodgycarpet
Corstonian
comrade powell
Marc Monitor
richmadrid
9 posters

Go down

City's remaining home games Empty City's remaining home games

Post by richmadrid Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Just looking at the league table and our home fixtures, and I see that 7 out of our 9 remaining home games are against the bottom seven in the league. If we can get a run together with those games, then we will be in the mix come the end of the season.

richmadrid

Back to top Go down

City's remaining home games Empty Re: City's remaining home games

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:40 pm

I have to say that, were we to luck it through the play-offs, it may be disastrous for us. I would like the ship steadied on and off the field and a respectable mid-to-top finish and to consolidate for next season.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:09 pm

Spot on, Marc - I don't think we are ready as a club to return to Conference National. A strong 2nd half to the season, finishing just outside the play offs, will provide a fitting background to our advance on Wembley!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Corstonian Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to think we'd win the play-offs and get promoted into the Conference Premier? But no reason not to want up to three more games with the revenue and additional publicity they'd bring. The worst scenario - other than relegation - would be a whole string of meaningless matches, played simply to complete our fixtures. We need to be in with a chance of the play-offs right until the end of the season to prevent attendances slumping even further.

Corstonian

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:02 pm

Actually with our Jeckyl and Hyde form, I'd say we'd have a better chance of winning the play offs than reaching them. We are quite capable of beating the best sides, but continually drop points to the rest.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:53 am

I repeat my view that we should aim to win the play offs. If the sums don't add up we decline promotion.
A) saves us a disastrous loss
B) makes a point.
If course if the subs do add up we accept promotion.

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:09 pm

' We are quite capable of beating the best sides, but continually drop points to the rest.'
I can't think of anyone in the top 10 we've come close to beating this season except Boreham Wood?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:20 pm

We were unlucky at Bromley and did well at Ebbsfleet, but with the way things are we are as likely to win as lose any game right now. Form in our last 10 matches is erratic. However, I would like us to reach the play-offs and lose in the final. As the man says it does create the interest in our club we all crave, and should help the finances. But a run the to trophy final may be far more lucrative and provide just as much excitement, especially as we all want to win that one!

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Why do you want us to lose in the play off final?

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Palms wrote:' We are quite capable of beating the best sides, but continually drop points to the rest.'
I can't think of anyone in the top 10 we've come close to beating this season except Boreham Wood?

B/wood were top at the time and we also did rather well against Rovers. You can't really ask any more!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Dodgycarpet wrote:Why do you want us to lose in the play off final?  

And I bet nobody would be at the playoff final hoping we'd lose!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:34 pm

The club is perennially short of money, and could do with its profile being raised in Bath. As an aside - I wore my City polo shirt to the Esso station on London Rd last weekend, and the guy working there said he only found out that Bath had a football team the previous week ! He lives in Frome, but has been working there for 4 years. #OutOfSightOutOfMind.

The play offs would provide extra income and profile for the club, so would be mad to not aspire to be there. Being promoted would be a different thing Surprised)

That said - we're not consistent enough to make the play offs anyway IMO.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:11 pm

I wouldn't worry. Just talking about it has jinxed it. Like me saying this afternoon on the way back to London, "We are making good time, I will be back in time for the match" only for my suspension to snap leading to 3 hours on the hard shoulder and getting home via a two truck an hour after final whistle. Mad
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down