Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers v City

+22
Eddie Hitler
SteveS
the demon headmaster
Peteboa
comrade powell
BenE
miker
Marc Monitor
London Calling
Azlimey
Dave N
bonzodog
stillmanjunior
Steve Hill
Grumpy
yuffie
Bridgeyate
Corstonian
pete mac
2weirdtown
Ashley
Luton Roman
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rovers v City - Page 3 Empty Re: Rovers v City

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:08 pm

2weirdtown wrote:
comrade powell wrote:Good to hear the NLP mentioned the game, which is more than can be said for the website of the competition's organiser...

"Bath Pull Plug on the Gas" (front page) and "Ex Landlords Cut Off the Gas" (report) being their choice of headlines.

Excellent, where's that?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:Indeed, even I am getting bored of talking about him so regularly

Not as much as us
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:
2weirdtown wrote:
comrade powell wrote:Good to hear the NLP mentioned the game, which is more than can be said for the website of the competition's organiser...

"Bath Pull Plug on the Gas" (front page) and "Ex Landlords Cut Off the Gas" (report) being their choice of headlines.

Excellent, where's that?

The Non League paper. It's weekly and in most newsagents. Also online.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Eddie Hitler wrote:Great result!
I am gutted I couldn't be there, but just can't bring myself to do so after the manager's comments in the paper. Fell like I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I am really struggling to know what to do about it all at the moment.
Happy to give credit where it's due for yesterday's result, however as the management refuse to take any responsibility for the poor results, they don't get a pat on the back from me for one good performance.

I understand how Eddie feels - the comments from Adie Britton in the days leading up to the game weren't particularly helpful in the present climate.

However, I have always taken the view that the club has to be bigger than any individual, and yesterday was one of those days that reminded me why I support Bath City. A superb performance from the players (I think it would unfair to single anyone out), great support from the 400 City fans and a result that we couldn't really have dreamt of - possibly the best result since the 3-2 F A Cup win at Cardiff? Certainly restored the faith, for a while at least.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm

just starting to recover from all that drink i had last night celebrating
great performance
great result
lets hope we get a good draw in the next round
knowing are luck in the trophy we will bag Gateshead away
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:48 pm

I don't want to face anyone in our league. Or someone like Dover/Woking/Forest Green. If we draw Gosport/Basingstoke or Havant or something I'll be gutted.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:53 pm

As Adie has said, Conf Prem club home or away. Teams in the same league never raise interest and we've shown already that we underestimate lower level teams. Barnet away would be a good one, but there's the slight problem that they may lose their replay with Concord. Away to them would be the worst possible tie.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 pm

BenE wrote:
Marc Monitor wrote:Indeed, even I am getting bored of talking about him so regularly

Not as much as us

Bored of me talking about him or bored of anyone talking about him?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:23 am

Eddie Hitler wrote:Great result!
I am gutted I couldn't be there, but just can't bring myself to do so after the manager's comments in the paper. Fell like I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I am really struggling to know what to do about it all at the moment.
Happy to give credit where it's due for yesterday's result, however as the management refuse to take any responsibility for the poor results, they don't get a pat on the back from me for one good performance.

I too will give credit to the team for a fantastic performance on Saturday. To my mind though it is absolute proof (were any more needed) that this squad of players is good enough to be doing much better in the League! If the team can be motivated to put on such a display as this latest one, then why on earth can it not be done constantly? I'll leave you all to make up your own minds, but I am now more certain than ever in my beliefs.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:51 am

Marc Monitor wrote:
BenE wrote:

Not as much as us

Bored of me talking about him or bored of anyone talking about him?

I think most fans are tired of the Stearn thing and the debate is mainly between yourself and Mr Powell lately. I therefore found it ironic that you managed to get four paragraph's out of being bored with it.

But your input is always interesting.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:44 am

I don't know why you've dragged me into the argument. My view on Stearn hasn't changed - nowhere near consistent enough to get into last season's midfield, adds the necessary skill, pace and out of the ordinariness to this version.

I think Steve above raises an interesting point about consistency. Of course if our players performed every week as they did at Rovers they would be playing at a higher level than Conf South. If their performance at Thurrock was the norm they would be performing in the Western League. But the maddening tendency to follow a good game with a poor one suggests we are looking at a mid table finish again. For a squad which the management described as the strongest they had assembled, that is not good enough. Days like Saturday's will live long in the memory, but will only paper over cracks.

The question, of course, is whether this inconsistency is down to the players or those leading them. The buck always stops with management.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3