Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goalkeeper Against Yeovil

+5
Steve Whites Missus
Paul1978
Mazzer
BenE
Micawber
9 posters

Go down

Goalkeeper Against Yeovil  Empty Goalkeeper Against Yeovil

Post by Micawber Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:49 am

I've read that there are rumours Joe Raynes will be the goally against Yeovil. I certainly hope that is not the case. Why can't Adam Forster play ? He is currently playing for Dorchester under dual registration but remains a City player.

I don't know how the loan system works and whether it is possible to "borrow" a player for one match. If it was I see that Max Harris is still at Cheltenham and not out on loan. He has been on the bench for them in every league game but never played.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Goalkeeper Against Yeovil  Empty Re: Goalkeeper Against Yeovil

Post by BenE Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:27 am

[size=16]It makes little sense. The defence concede two penalties trying to protect him in the last game.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:32 am

I've adjusted my text size above because it was tiny when first posted. Is anyone else getting tiny text appearing?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzer Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:50 pm

I see Jerry’s stoking the rumour mill on X/Twitter that it will be Joey Raynes in goal. Maybe he’s lined up Ramsdale ?

Mazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:41 pm

Goalkeeper Against Yeovil  Screen10
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:49 pm

Mazzer wrote:I see Jerry’s stoking the rumour mill on X/Twitter that it will be Joey Raynes in goal. Maybe he’s lined up Ramsdale ?

Considering the amount of loan players City have had under Jerry's reign I can't imagine he would miss out on getting proper cover for that match.

If Raynes got injured playing out of his normal position it would be a shocker!

Steve Whites Missus

Mazzer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:24 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a winde up but will get yeovil thinking and it's dam funny. Other side of the coin I'd love drawing or beating yeovil with Raynes in goal. Only living within our means with Raynes in goal. I think we got a keeper on loan at Dorchester
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:28 pm

[quote="Steve Whites Missus"]
Mazzer wrote:

Considering the amount of loan players City have had under Jerry's reign I can't imagine he would miss out on getting proper cover for that match.
Yes I think we will get cover. Are you a fan of loans. I am. Buse, clark, thorn are a cut above. Sonny Cox, Tommy Conway all very impressive. Less risk than a local lower league player although Thomas has worked out a treat.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzer Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:34 pm

I’m sure it’s a wind up too, but a vague possibility of truth is great in a tall story, and Joe didn’t disgrace himself on the day. Isn’t it lovely to be in a position to be able to joke about it instead of the last couple of years of little hope and negative play?

Mazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:28 pm

If I recall correctly, the wind up perpetrated by Ken Loach on The Sun newspaper is City's best wind up.
We had reached the FA cup 2nd round (home to FGR).  Ken had made the film 'Looking for Eric'.  He brought the retired Eric Cantona to TP for a fundraiser showing of the film.  A photo of Eric with a City scarf was taken and sent to the Sun advising that Cantona was considering signing for City.  This because, should City make round 3 and draw Man Utd he could play for City against his former side.
The Sun swallowed it!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:34 pm

Mazzer wrote:I’m sure it’s a wind up too, but a vague possibility of truth is great in a tall story, and Joe didn’t disgrace himself on the day. Isn’t it lovely to be in a position to be able to joke about it instead of the last couple of years of little hope and negative play?
i missed the last few years so don't know if it was bleak or not. delighted we've turned it round though. UTC.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:59 am

Latest intell suggests Raynes is starting in goal tomorrow night against Frome in the Somerset Cup to get him ready for the Yeovil game. Me personally feel this season we could do with getting knocked out the Somerset Cup as league form going so well. Concentrate on FA Trophy too. I fear the jobsworths at the Somerset FA will fine us if we play Raynes in goal though. Or can't they stop us. No rules are there. Ideal game though to get Raynes prepared for the Yeovil game. Adds more spice to our game with proper rivals. Chippenham are just a village team with a garden shed of a ground. Still nice to play them at Twerton though. I was bought up on Bath/Yeovil derbies and am excited there back. UTC
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzer Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 am

Paul1978 wrote:
i missed the last few years so don't know if it was bleak or not. delighted we've turned it round though. UTC.

Bleak is maybe a bit strong but it was frustrating, pass-the-ball backwards and don’t fight for the ball stuff for quite a while. So good to be able to get behind this year’s exciting team.

Mazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:25 am

Interesting all this speculation. Best I heard on Saturday was that Ben Morgan would be in goal as he had been a goalkeeper in his youth.
He might or might not have once been a keeper  but since it had already been announced on being on loan to Havant there was no chance of it happening.
As everything is speculation perhaps Havant may be loaning us a goalkeeper in exchange!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by daven Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:42 pm

I think we are reading too much into this. I can't see Raynes will be in goal against Yeovil. I think they are training him just in case our goalie gets injured during a match and Raynes can relace him.

daven

comrade powell and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:15 pm

New keeper - https://twitter.com/BathCity_FC/status/1729122911532048476 - done deal "weeks ago"...
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:53 pm

Mazzer wrote:
Paul1978 wrote:

Bleak is maybe a bit strong but it was frustrating, pass-the-ball backwards and don’t fight for the ball stuff for quite a while. So good to be able to get behind this year’s exciting team.
absolutely, just like teams can't win every game, teams can't have exciting seasons all the time. part of football. enjoy the good times i certainly am and we are buzzing at the moment. enjoy.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Mazzer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:54 pm

i've been instigating since yesterday. many yeovil fans believed it. great fun.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down