Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeovil Help City?

+5
Digger
comrade powell
Marcus Stevenus
Paul1978
Beau Nash
9 posters

Go down

Yeovil Help City? Empty Yeovil Help City?

Post by Beau Nash Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:13 pm

https://www.bathcityfc.com/player-news-will-buse

https://twitter.com/BathCity_FC/status/1716831923413115024

"We're delighted to announce the loan signing of goalkeeper Will Buse from Yeovil, for a 28-day period.

All registration forms have been completed and Will will be in the matchday squad tonight to face Taunton.

Welcome, Will!"

Questionable loan in that he is a YEOVIL player so why should he be expected to be dedicated to giving 100% for City?

In the matchday squad? Who else from the squad could possibly be in goal? Have I missed the return of Adam Forster?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Yeovil Help City? Empty Re: Yeovil Help City?

Post by Paul1978 Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:11 pm

mmmm. dodgy and im suspicious at this. dont trust a yeovil signing. its like liverpool signing a man city keeper
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Stevenus Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:43 pm

The boy did well tonight, especially the early save from Stearn.

We’re Yeovil feeling more threatened by Taunton and wanted to stop them winning?

Marcus Stevenus

Beau Nash and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:39 am

quality keeper. pulled off 2 stunning saves. was worried about a yeovil keeper but eat my words now.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:18 am

Yes he was very good. Yeovil do not view us in the same light as we do them despite being in the same county. Their traditional rivals have always been Weymouth (as shown by the attendance at Huish last night) and I expect they have other closer rivalries as a result of their years in the League.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:57 am

Like Powell said, we've never been Yeovils rivals. Has always been Weymouth. Ours was Trowbridge.
Buse was excellent last night. We've been lucky with keepers over the years. Poor ones I can count on one hand.

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Romans Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:25 am

Buse is a quality keeper but presumably won’t be allowed to play against Yeovil so we’ll either have to risk Foster or sign another loanee for a single game.

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:09 pm

A bit unfair suggesting he won't try his best because he is a Yeovil player - I think he disproved that.

Will be interesting to see what happens when his loan period expires, presumably after the Hemel game, and also if he is allowed to play in the Trophy game as can't imagine Yeovil would want him cup tied.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:48 pm

Bath City have played Yeovil more times than any other club. 259 games sommencing in 1902. The second most played against team is Weymouth with 151 games. Taunton are 15th and Trowbridge 31st 48 games. We have played Weston S-M 59 times and Chippenham 28 times.

City 'til we're relegated

Manchester Romans and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:20 pm

I can't imagine players have the same loyalties as fans even if there was a two way rivalry.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:30 pm

comrade powell wrote:Yes he was very good. Yeovil do not view us in the same light as we do them despite being in the same county. Their traditional rivals have always been Weymouth (as shown by the attendance at Huish last night) and I expect they have other closer rivalries as a result of their years in the League.
yes they hate weymouth but they not too keen on us either. they are BA20 post code. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:33 pm

Digger wrote:Like Powell said, we've never been Yeovils rivals. Has always been Weymouth.  Ours was Trowbridge.
Buse was excellent last night. We've been lucky with keepers over the years. Poor ones I can count on one hand.
well when i started watching mid 80s. the rivalry was huge. im looking forward too yeovil game way more than going to chippenhams dump. poor toilets, poor view, poor everything. no wonder so many fans like my mum and step dad refuse too go too hardenhuish now. its not enjoyable with such poor facilities. it is what it is though.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:36 pm

LB wrote:A bit unfair suggesting he won't try his best because he is a Yeovil player - I think he disproved that.

Will be interesting to see what happens when his loan period expires, presumably after the Hemel game, and also if he is allowed to play in the Trophy game as can't imagine Yeovil would want him cup tied.
he did prove himself and i replied on here after the game i eat my words. surely everyone had that same thought of signing a local rival and 2 top of the league (currently) teams loaning a keeper on loan to a side who are close together at the top. i wouldnt be happy if city were top and loaned a player too the 2nd top team.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down