Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worthing cup thread

3 posters

Go down

Worthing cup thread Empty Worthing cup thread

Post by comrade powell Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:57 pm

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Worthing cup thread Empty Re: Worthing cup thread

Post by comrade powell Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:52 pm

Interesting reading their forum today - sounds like they failed to turn up at Alfreton yesterday and many of the fans' frustrations were a mirror of ours a few weeks back.
I see that Worthing have only won two of their last six, both coming against us.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:27 am

They seem to have the hoodoo on us
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:50 am

My theory for what its worth is that we paid them too much respect in both games, allowing them to dictate the early stages. Something we were guilty of again on Saturday. Cooke did not start in any of the three matches, and with Clark and Thomas both kept quiet Wilson looked an isolated figure up front.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash, 2weirdtown and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:59 pm

That is a good point.

When we stepped up a gear in the second half they couldn't get the ball off us. We need to start with the same intent.

I have never understood the kick off ploy of the long diagonal ball into touch. It is almost as though we don't want to kick off and will start the game proper in a bit when things have settled down.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:11 pm

Both Torquay and Worthing were on poor runs prior to our visit. As is normal down there, many Torquay fans were on the manager's back demanding changes. They couldn't have been confident at the start yet after twenty minutes of domination you could sense the mood lifting both on and off the pitch. Why give opponents such breathing space?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:29 pm

comrade powell wrote:Both Torquay and Worthing were on poor runs prior to our visit. As is normal down there, many Torquay fans were on the manager's back demanding changes. They couldn't have been confident at the start yet after twenty minutes of domination you could sense the mood lifting both on and off the pitch. Why give opponents such breathing space?
They might have been on poor runs but there still dam good teams. We can't go all out attack from the 1st minute. Will leave gaps at the back and be 2 or 3 down after 20 minutes if we do that. Early stages of matches are very tactical and often dull as teams work each other out. Worthing got there tatics spot on. Came too defend and hit us on the break twice. All ifs and but I know but if Russe shot went in and didn't hit the bar they would have had too attack us more and that would have gave us more freedom too get a 2nd and we would probably have gone on too win. Full time Torquay away we really can't attack full on from the start especially from minute 1.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:25 pm

Paul, I was referring to the away match at Worthing in the Cup not the recent game at Twerton. They didn’t bother about working us out that day but took the game to us from the off. And as for Torquay being a damned good team, they didn’t impress me greatly on Saturday and were given the runaround last night by a Yeovil team who by all accounts appeared to impose themselves immediately…

https://youtu.be/fRVZEm74ZQE?si=Kp5w1CRKSMxfsr3f
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:28 pm

Ah sorry thought you meant worthing home. I guess cup game was a bad performance which will happen sometimes as every team has an off day. Even Man City lose. I don't know if Torquay are poor but we can't do a Yeovil at Torquay as Yeovil got big squad and are a bigger club than Torquay. We rightly approached the game giving them respect and by all accounts should have got a draw. Swings and roundabouts though. We will play poor and win another time.
Paul1978
Paul1978

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down