Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frome thread

5 posters

Go down

Frome thread Empty Frome thread

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:23 pm

Here’s a link to their online programme….

https://www.weareba11.com/post/frome-town-v-bath-city-official-matchday-programme-21st-march-2023

(warning to pedants - they don’t appear to have a proof reader)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Frome thread Empty Re: Frome thread

Post by daven Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:50 am

Thanks for that Comrade Powell, very interesting read. Perhaps Bath City could do something like this on line?

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:04 pm

I agree Dave! Some clubs just produce an online edition and I assumed this was the case with Frome, but I saw that they were selling hard copies at the match as well. I can't think many buy one if there's a free alternative.

What I like about online programmes is that you can read them in advance of the match - it's good to learn about the opposition before you see them rather than afterwards (often weeks later in my case!)

I get that those who want an actual souvenir of a match they've attended won't approve, but I believe it's a growing trend. From the clubs' point of view it does away with the hassle of printers' deadlines and costs, ensuring that there are programme sellers and losses from unsold copies.

Additional income comes in from advertising in the programmes but surely companies would be attracted by online editions which would reach a larger readership. I believe that the Club's newsletter is sent to well over 2000 these days.

comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman and daven like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daven Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:11 pm

Good comments! I cannot get to Twerton because of my disability etc and I miss seeing a programme. I do purchase a hard copy on some occasions from the shop but I couldn't afford to purchase one every home match.
So a online version would benefit me!

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:07 pm

Any views on the game here as opposed to the programme?

Luton Roman

Midsomer-steve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:30 pm

You usually start a new thread for that!

A pretty forgettable first hour in which the chasm between NLS and SLS was all too apparent and we were able to stroll around as we do with Frome unable to launch any meaningful attacks. Two well taken goals looked like being more than enough but things got rather spicy once Frome decided they may as well make a fist of it despite being down to ten men having run out of subs. They appear to have been hit even more by injuries than we have. There were some rather juicy tackles from both sides in the closing stages although the serious looking injury to the home player appeared accidental. The late goal from Frome made us fear that the game would go to extra time which considering the cold, wet conditions would have been very unwelcome! Will be interesting to hear what the manager made of Smith’s red card - he certainly had a lot to say during the game about the officiating.
So overall a fairly comfortable win in a match which wasn’t quite the occasion of the one played 12 months ago. I don’t think quite as many City fans travelled last night and the home team have had a poor run of late meaning there was little atmosphere aside from the tiresome abusive chanting from teenage supporters of both teams behind the goal. Apparently there were reps from the local council present as part of the move towards community ownership - they wouldn’t have been impressed.

Last edited by comrade powell on Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:36 pm

daven wrote:Thanks for that Comrade Powell, very interesting read. Perhaps Bath City could do something like this on line?

We had them during covid, so possible.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:42 pm

It was a straight red for Smith. How many games will he miss for that? Sounded like it was pretty clear cut from the commentary.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:03 pm

BenE wrote:It was a straight red for Smith. How many games will he miss for that? Sounded like it was pretty clear cut from the commentary.

Sounds like 3 game ban for kicking out

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down