Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nailsea & Tickenham thread

3 posters

Go down

Nailsea & Tickenham thread Empty Nailsea & Tickenham thread

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:29 pm

If anyone's thinking of dragging themselves out into the wilds West of Bristol for the Somerset Premier Cup game next week - and I'm sure there'll be hordes of you - here's a little bit of local info.

If you're going by train, be warned that Nailsea & Backwell station is a good half-hour walk from the ground, at the very least. However, if you're going by bus, Nailsea town centre is around a 15 minute walk. If you're driving, it can a tricky little ground to find, nestled as it is down a lane and the end of a rabbit warren of estate roads. But it is worth the effort, as it's a smashing little club.

Facilities wise, it's got a cosy and decent portacabin-style club bar, with separate toilets. Otherwise, it's a bit spartan. There is a stand, but it's an absolute lower league smasher made of scaffold poles, corrugated iron and some cosy chairs from the bar. So if it's looking like rain, I'd bring a brolly, just to be sure of keeping dry. To be honest I'm surprised it passed Western League muster, especially as their floodlights were laying on the ground when I went. They'll have a lot of work to do on it if they get promoted this year, as is looking possible.

However, it's a really friendly club, and I had some proper good chats with the locals on my visit earlier this season. It was the Saturday after Alex's accident, and they had a beautifully observed round of applause for Fletch on the seventh minute - for which I made sure to thank the chap on the tannoy.

If you're up for going somewhere new and less-usual, it's definitely worth the trip. They're a muscular, free-scoring side at their own league level, so it'll be interesting to see how they fare against us.

Here's the address: Fryth Way, Nailsea, Bristol, BS48 2AS

Tuesday 10 January - 7:30 kick off!

Last edited by Roy D Hacksaw on Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Roy D Hacksaw

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Nailsea & Tickenham thread Empty Re: Nailsea & Tickenham thread

Post by Manchester Romans Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:59 pm

[quote="Roy D Hacksaw"]If anyone's thinking of dragging themselves out into the wilds East of Bristol [quote]

I think Hacksaw needs a new compass!

Manchester Romans

Midsomer-chris likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:29 pm

Manchester Romans wrote:
Roy D Hacksaw wrote:If anyone's thinking of dragging themselves out into the wilds East of Bristol

I think Hacksaw needs a new compass!

To be fair have you seen the magnetic pull on a compass when you get out into those wilds?

Steve Whites Missus

Midsomer-chris likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:49 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:If anyone's thinking of dragging themselves out into the wilds West of Bristol for the Somerset Premier Cup game next week

I don't know what you mean…

Laughing

Roy D Hacksaw

Manchester Romans likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down