Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bognor thread...

+19
pete mac
Bognorbiker
Marc Monitor
Luton Roman
Jon_BOA
Ashley
Beau Nash
SASCHA
Sparky
BenE
Manchester Romans
the demon headmaster
LB
stillmanjunior
kermit
2weirdtown
Dave
Steve Whites Missus
comrade powell
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bognor thread... Empty Bognor thread...

Post by comrade powell Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:34 pm

Just starting this up as there seems to be a little less interest than before our last Trophy game! A week ago I was feeling very pessimistic about our chances tomorrow against a team who have gained some pretty impressive results this season. However 2 defeats in the past seven days seems to have brought a bit of a reality check to their forum.

Our record against lower level opponents in the past 2 seasons is not good - just 3 wins in 8, with embarrassing defeats to Thurrock and Harlow - it really is time for our players to impose their supposed superiority against these teams. I assume we have taken the trouble to have Bognor watched - I was surprised to see all the usual faces in our dug out at Wealdstone when they were playing at home to league leaders Dulwich. Presumably someone was sent for their match on Tuesday....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Bognor thread... Empty Re: Bognor thread...

Post by Steve Whites Missus Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm just hoping they have limited training facilities and can't pay their players as much same as ours. If so we'll be sure to win.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:16 pm

If things 'fall for us' we'll be fine

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:25 pm

I think we're in for a battering tomorrow - weatherwise.  May be a doubt over the game going ahead?

Ever the optimist me.
Very Happy
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:27 pm

I've got Michael York's prediction, so I'm now not going, despite having bought a train ticket. I may change my mind in the morning though Wink
Just in case I do....the Wetherspoons, Hatters Queensway, whilst getting some awful reviews on trip advisor, situated in a former Sainsburys, is where I might head, before a pint in the clubhouse on the recommendation of Bognorbiker (a self confessed lager lout!!) of Upham Punter.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:27 pm

If we draw I will go into meltdown. I can't face another rush to compile a programme for a replay, particularly when I'm under the weather and have assignments coming out of my ears.

From the sounds of things they have a number of injuries so I'm hoping we'll be ok. Although our trophy record, bar last season, is pretty miserable, we've only been knocked out by lower league opponents three times in the last 20 years:
2012 - Chesham
2004 - Staines
1998 - Grantham
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Whatever has caused our dip in form over the last 3 months, surely tomorrow the players won't need motivating - most of the current squad were involved in last season's run and must want to go one better and get to the final.

I seem to recall that last season North Ferriby didn't play any teams from a higher level and we didn't play anyone lower than us. If we can get past Bognor perhaps we can be lucky and not meet anyone from the National League - hard to think we could beat 3 teams from there again this time round - and have an easier passage than we did last season.

I said on another thread that this is the most important game of the season - if we lose we are just left with 24 league games, none of which are especially inviting, except possible Weston on Easter Monday, or particularly likely to attract new supporters. The trophy run last season brought great publicity and again showed that people will come out for big games. I think the boost that getting to the final last season would have given the Bid is immeasurable.

I will be interested to see if Kaid plays tomorrow. He obviously has ambitions to get back to playing at a higher level and if he can't find a Football League club might fancy one in the National League so might not want to be 'trophy-tied'.

I hope that the long held dream of a trip to Wembley will still be alive this time tomorrow.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Quite right, LB. I've always maintained the awful day at Thurrock motivated the players to make up for it in the Trophy run. The recent cup defeat to Harlow was similarly unacceptable and supporters deserve much better tomorrow.
As for Kaid playing tomorrow - we've given him this opportunity to be in the shop window, so he should be in debt to the club, especially those who contribute to his wages through supporting the Pledge.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:22 pm

If we do win pleeeeeease can we have a home tie?

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Today's team is Phillips, Bowman, Ball, Batten, Gallinagh, Hemmings, Adelsbury, Williams, Watkins, Pratt, Mohamed. Subs are McCootie, John, Yeoman, Simpson & Rollo.

No Smith, and I don't recall hearing about Ashley Kington's injury - big game for Batten to make his debut.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Romans Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:09 pm

City lining up with a central defensive partnership of Bat 'en' Ball!

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:26 pm

Yes I presume he was signed purely for his name on the team sheet.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:31 pm

I wonder why John and Yeoman were signed. They aren't being given either much of a chance to impress or to gain fitness
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Jack Smith ineligible for FA Trophy as needed by Eastleigh for trophy squad. He's only on short term loan to Bath. Was under terms of his loan deal that he was Eastleigh's for trophy games.

Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:01 pm

I don't say much these days, but for the love of God, PLEASE have some dignity Britton and Howells and just leave.
The damage being done to this club is unacceptable and the board of directors need to show some backbone.
To be replaced by who ? it simply doesn't matter.
Just anyone, preferably someone with passion who doesn't sit on their asses in the dugout. Please go

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:06 pm

As this season is now one with nothing to play for, assuming we don't get into a relegation battle...a new compo...how many pages will this or a similar thread reach about management changes?  (I have ruled out any chance of promotion play-offs.) tongue
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:07 pm

The club has nothing to lose now. Perfect time for a change.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Bob went on about us being hard done by but to be honest to win games you need to have shots on goal. It sounded as though we had lots of possession but didn't trouble their keeper much.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:33 pm

I think he made one save. Didn't deserve to lose that but we just can't score. Hit the post 3 times and Watkins ran rings round them. No idea if it was a penalty or not - other end of the pitch.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 pm

It's 2 wins in 16. We could very easily end up in a relegation battle.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:41 pm

In terms of must wins next Saturday is right up there.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:49 pm

I never felt confident about this game. We have never exerted ourselves over lower league opposition since Adie has been in charge. For whatever reason we do not rise to the occasion.
It is a bit of a disaster for the club financially. Often clubs lose players after an exit like this. If that were to happen we'd be in deep doo doos. Would it force Adie to work with some of the youngsters? Would he be interested? Could he actually do it?
Meanwhile what is going to be the effect of this loss on attendances? I presume we will be back to the hardcore next home game.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:51 pm

We already are in a relegation battle. The first 18 points is masking that.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Today was the must win.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:05 pm

A couple of worse results than ours, in a way. FCUM losing at home and North Ferriby the same.

Nah, doesn't help.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next