Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bromley thread

5 posters

Go down

Bromley thread Empty Bromley thread

Post by Luton Roman Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Low key build up to this for various reasons, but a good read on the Bromley forum of their current position. £97 season tickets for NL football has taken off but overall match day revenue might be down for a club that we competed with for a few years but now have lofty ambitions. Nevertheless still some match day practices that work and some that don't.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=6150750&u=https%3A//open.substack.com/pub/frombromleywithlove/p/christmas-crossroads%3Fr%3D6x19i%26utm_campaign%3Dpost%26utm_medium%3Dweb

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Bromley thread Empty Re: Bromley thread

Post by Luton Roman Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:23 pm

Well, that must have been a rollercoaster !

Luton Roman

Beau Nash and Midsomer-chris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:12 pm

We were completely out of it at half time and you could only see a bigger defeat coming. Jerry brought Jack Batten on for the ineffective Ebanks and went three at the back with wing backs. Suddenly we were on the front foot and Bromley were creaking, committing a string of fouls. The first goal was the result of that pressure creating uncertainty in the defence and we kept it up through the half. We finally got the equaliser we deserved in injury time and took the game to pens.
I don't think any Bath City fan felt confident at that prospect but Lines, Wilson, Spokes, Mannings and Greenslade dispatched terrific kicks to send us through.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell, Beau Nash, Midsomer-chris, Luton Roman and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:21 pm

An incredible match. I can’t remember us winning a game before from the position we found ourselves at half time. After a bright opening from us, two goals saw Bromley take complete control and every move seemed to threaten further scores.
They seemed to take their foot off the gas after ht and the error that led to Wilson’s goal seemed to galvanise us and Mannings’ late equaliser was well deserved.
With our history of failures in penalty shootouts I can’t say I was confident, but every one of ours was confidently dispatched.
Well done, City!!!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash, Midsomer-chris, Luton Roman and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:57 pm

What a great night for City!

And we won some prize money.

Winning in pens quite something

pete mac

Beau Nash, Midsomer-chris and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:57 am

Well done to the Bromley fans who came down for the match. To run a coach to a rearranged midweek game in December shows great commitment and they must have got home in the early hours having seen their team capitulate. There were a group of their elderly fans in the stand giving loud, humorous support throughout and they were aghast at how it ended up.

Some interesting comments on their forum..

https://bromleyfc.boards.net/thread/2490/fa-trophy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:45 pm

Interesting Bromley thread. Thought criticism of their penalties harsh. They were comfortable but one narrow miss over the bar. Our 5 the best we’ve ever scored.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:05 pm

Sorry bto have missed this Aged mother took the family attention.

Bromley forum:

"Just watched Bath’s highlights, lost for words as the two goals we conceded last night.

How professional footballers can defend as poorly as that beats me. Can’t see anything other than us getting taken apart at Southend, hope I’m wrong."

Having watched the highlights Bromley generally played as a team from a higher div., BUT, defended our goals like a local team on Lansdown.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down