Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play on Twerton Park

+3
pete mac
Marc Monitor
Dave
7 posters

Go down

Play on Twerton Park Empty Play on Twerton Park

Post by Dave Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Evening all. Next Sunday (27th July) there will be a match on Twerton Park for Bath City supporters. It's open to City fans of any ability and will be purely for fun, inclusive and casual football and a chance to pull on the stripes and walk out onto the hallowed turf. Please don't worry about fitness/age/ability or any of that guff if you're interested, there's already plenty of 30+ slow lardarses like myself signed on and anyone that thinks they're Messi will be booted up the arse. Rolling subs so we can all take it easy.
Anyways, it's £15 to play, all the money will go straight to the football club to help cover the season's budget deficit. City strip will be provided, you'll just need your boots and shinners and probably a bottle of water or two if it's this warm still. Kick off is 1pm. If you'd like to stick your name down please email me, davephillipsbath@sky.com, ta!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Play on Twerton Park Empty Re: Play on Twerton Park

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:38 pm

Plenty of 40+ slow lardarses as well.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Play on Twerton Park Empty Great

Post by pete mac Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 am

Great initiative this.

Now if I was 20 years younger and a few yards quicker I'd be out there for sure.

Lat time I played I had to go between the sticks after a short time on the pitch.......way too old for it .

Should be a good day......

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Honestly Pete, it'll largely be played at a pedestrian pace and as casual as possible. If you fancy a ten minute stroll out to see how it goes you're more than welcome to. More about the Twerton Park experience than anything else

Dave

Back to top Go down

Play on Twerton Park Empty OK

Post by pete mac Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:25 pm

I'll give it some thought Dave.

I still have a few support bandages and some liniment.

Happy to chip a tenner in if I don't play.

P

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 pm

I had ruled myself out but the foot has been feeling ok the last few days. Might risk it. Cue doing a Diego Costa and wandering off again after 10 minutes
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 am

What time is it?

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 am

the demon headmaster wrote:What time is it?
1pm kick off, 12:15 meet

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Having played at TP in the 1960s (only a trial) I would have loved to participate, but having been diagnosed with a heart condition have to take things easy for some considerable time.  

As a pensioner I will donate £1 for every player aged 50 or over who can play at least one half;  a week ago I would have fancied myself to do that.  Basketball 

Please list yourself here and give your name and age to Dave. I can think of a few who qualify... Laughing
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Bloody hell, Rob, take it easy
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Couple of spots still going if anyone else is tempted but hasn't committed yet...? Come and live the dream on the home of football with us, good mix of young and old(er) legs, really looking forward to it now. PM or email if you fancy it.

For everyone already down to play... Meet time is 12:15. Kick off 1pm. We'll play three 'halves' of 30 mins. Match purely for enjoyment. There'll be food provided in the bar for players after the match. If any supporters, friends or family would like to come and watch (not necessarily be entertained  Smile ) Charlie's bar will be open from 12:15.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Delighted to say that we've got a full compliment now, if you're still interested but haven't registered yet I'm happy to put names on a reserve list in case of drop outs. That reserve list will also have first refusal should we be able to do this again in the future.
Thank you everybody that has committed to playing, we'll raise a decent chunk for the football club and it should be an excellent day. See you all Sunday!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Great to hear Palmer! See you tomorrow and Sunday, should be a great weekend!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Top darts!
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down