Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA rule changes for next year

+2
LB
Roy D Hacksaw
6 posters

Go down

FA rule changes for next year Empty FA rule changes for next year

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:43 pm

There's a whole raft of slight rule changes for next season that it's probably best we're all aware of - just to make shouting at the officials more accurate and less out of date. This new rules include: handball in the box; how defensive walls are put together; drop balls; referee obstruction issues; quick free kicks; leaving the field for substitutions; goalkeepers and penalties; and cards for coaches.

There's a few more, but I think it's better explained in the link below. I know some of us on the terraces are at least three offside rules behind the times, so I figured it might be handy!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

FA rule changes for next year Empty Re: FA rule changes for next year

Post by LB Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:18 pm

I like the bit where accidental handball can result in a free kick if the player makes himself ‘unnaturally bigger’! Hopefully the change to substitutions will stop the player going off from going as far away from the tunnel as possible immediately beforehand.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Some sensible changes there, especially regarding substitutions, drop balls and free kicks.

I'm sure LB will agree with me that the laws concerning handball were fine for 50+ years but the powers that be are now getting themselves into a real tangle over this - we have reached the stage where attacking players are deliberately aiming at opponents hands/arms.

And still no moves to stop the free for all in the goal area at corners and awarding red cards for simulation.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:01 pm

It is tinkering to provide the appearance of action but just makes the whole thing more complicated. You shouldn't need to be trained to referee standard to watch a game and understand what is going on.

The freestyle wrestling at corners is one issue but my bugbear is shepherding the ball out of play. I think players should have to try to make contact with the ball not wrestle opponents away from it. Possibly though the rules would already deal with these matters if referees (and their assessors) chose to implement them.

Having said this I think the rule on substitutions is a good one.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm

LB wrote:Hopefully the change to substitutions will stop the player going off from going as far away from the tunnel as possible immediately beforehand.

Can you imagine the abuse an away player would get at some grounds, having to walk half way around the outside of the pitch? I think it's safe to say players being subbed will find themselves magnetically drawn to the dug outs.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am

tovid wrote:It is tinkering to provide the appearance of action but just makes the whole thing more complicated. You shouldn't need to be trained to referee standard to watch a game and understand what is going on.

The freestyle wrestling at corners is one issue but my bugbear is shepherding the ball out of play. I think players should have to try to make contact with the ball not wrestle opponents away from it. Possibly though the rules would already deal with these matters if referees (and their assessors) chose to implement them.

Having said this I think the rule on substitutions is a good one.

Alleluia!

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down