Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelmsford pub

2 posters

Go down

Chelmsford pub Empty Chelmsford pub

Post by kermit Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 pm

OK, probably not many making the trip, and Chelmsford isn't IMHO a great venue for drinking, but anyone travelling by train.....or if the 16 seater makes good time and Sean is prepared to help out....I am suggesting the Wetherspoons, the Ivory Peg, 3-7 New London Road CM2 0SW.
For those on the Bas Bus,
if a coach pickup isn't offered, there is a 10 minutes bus trip up to the ground from the train/bus station.
In the past, the club house has offered some real ales, although not particularly exciting....think along the lines of Greene King or Doom Bar. Hmmm, nice!
See you tomorrow.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Chelmsford pub Empty Re: Chelmsford pub

Post by peterfoster Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:29 pm

kermit wrote:Chelmsford isn't IMHO a great venue for drinking...I am suggesting the Wetherspoons, the Ivory Peg, 3-7 New London Road CM2 0SW.
In the past, the club house has offered some real ales, although not particularly exciting....think along the lines of Greene King or Doom Bar. Hmmm, nice

Chelmsford town centre is blessed with six pubs which are in the 2018 edition of the Good Beer Guide-

Ale House, 24 - 26 Viaduct Road CM1 1TS
Railway Tavern, 63 Duke Street CM1 1LW
Queen's Head, 30 Lower Anchor Street CM2 0AS
Orange Tree, 6 Lower Anchor Street CM2 0AS
Hop Beer Shop, 173 Moulsham Street CN2 0LD
Woolpack, 23 Mildmay Road CM2 0DNN

The clubhouse rotates its beers. Last week it was selling Sharp's Doom Bar and Sharp's Atlantic.

Safe journey.

peterfoster

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Thanks Peter.
Yes, the GBG lists some fine pubs, however, after our most recent London visit where a fine pint of Hop Back Summer Lightning was £4.50 a pint in a pub next to the ground, some of us OAP's need to consider our pensions!
Wetherspoons at £1.79 a pint with a 50p CAMRA discount is hard to ignore.
Rest assured, we will partake in some ales in your clubhouse.
By the way. Are we putting money into CCFC or the council when we drink in your bar?
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by peterfoster Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:12 am

Beer is typically £3.50 a pint in the City. I suppose price matters if you are planning to drink quite a few pints. Two pints for me is a heavy session these days. The Wetherspoons Pub is fine both for beer and food but it will be packed!

The clubhouse is owned by the club.

peterfoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down