Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelmsford,away

+2
Peter Newman
Luton Roman
6 posters

Go down

Chelmsford,away  Empty Chelmsford,away

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Well that was a rollercoaster. Take the 3pts and move on and up. At no time did I feel confident we would hold out and our defence is like Dracula in response to crosses. Thankfully  Wilson in great form and we look potent every time we attacked.
Why we don't manage the game better, play more in their half and cut out silly fouls in non threatening positions I don't know. Smith seemed well off his game and Sheringham gave Batten all sorts of problems.
Feeling we got away with this one, st least didn't concede in final 11 mins for first time in 8 games.
Work to do but 6 pts from the week is decent.

Last edited by Luton Roman on Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luton Roman

pete mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chelmsford,away  Empty Re: Chelmsford,away

Post by Peter Newman Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Well Luton summed it up exactly. Pity our management team were unable to play at full back today.

Considering it was10 against 11 for the last 30minutes we did well to come out with a victory.

Apologies for switching to Boris Johnson mode!!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Going into these three away games within a week I thought three to four points might be achievable so six is very welcome. Having looked so goal shy in the early weeks, especially away from Twerton, we now look like scoring at will. And that must be down to Wilson who from afar looks the most dangerous striker we’ve had since an in form Dave Pratt. Just hope the injury he picked up today doesn’t keep him out for long. We will need him against Chipp and Hungerford especially.

As for the other end of the pitch I can’t really work out where the problem lies. Is it a lack of communication, carelessness or lack of confidence? We certainly made Chelmsford look better than they surely are in that second half, especially when they went down to ten.

Still a potent attack is always going to score goals against weak opponents and this should see us climb to a safer position. This has been a tough week but I feel a lot more confident now than eight days ago. Two away wins must have been a big boost for the management and squad.

Let’s hope we can see off Chelmsford on Tuesday and we can all return for Swindon next Saturday!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:37 pm

There was a bit of panic brought about by fear of losing especially late on. Hard to believe how much space they got when we had the extra player.

But what a win and made for a better Saturday night than usual.

pete mac

Beau Nash and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Very impressed with Charlie Sheringham; City will need to work on defending against him in the expanse of Twerton Park.

Tom Smith doesn't look comfortable wide left, I would like to see him on the right of midfield where he can drive forward within shooting range and link with Wilson and Conway to create goal scoring chances.

Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:06 pm

There's probably a PhD in our defending - Manchester Romans?? But it looks like we have a zonal system and our young players have been caught out as opponents keep finding themselves in too much space. Given our management team you would think they, if anyone, would have the answers to this problem.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down