Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's wrong with the redevelopment thread

+10
SteveBradley
BenE
Peter Newman
OliverH
Dave
bone ash
yuffie
Beau Nash
cbtroman
davebart
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's wrong with the redevelopment thread - Page 2 Empty Re: What's wrong with the redevelopment thread

Post by cbtroman Mon May 21, 2018 8:34 am

Whether we are a community club or just football club is really irrelevant.

It will be a case of total hypocrisy if the club is try and put on events such as fun days etc to engage with community and then kick residents out of their homes and businesses.

Not saying that as a fact but I think some may see it that way or are suspicious.

At the very least the club has think of its reputation. Maybe it’s a case of communication

cbtroman

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with the redevelopment thread - Page 2 Empty Re: What's wrong with the redevelopment thread

Post by Joe Scofield Mon May 21, 2018 9:00 am

I agree with those who say that the thread should have remained here on Bath City Stuff. Political though it may be, it's crucial for the fans to know how people outside are reacting to what's been going on.

In this are:

- People about to lose their livelihood

- Residents expecting to lose their current homes (flat dwellers above the shops)

- A community living around Twerton Park who will undoubtedly face negative impacts from the redevelopment

- A councillor who says that the current proposals are "not acceptable at any level"

- A consultation with residents that is flawed and morally questionable in the way it has been set up

- A very real risk of the club alienating the Twerton community

- Updates on what the pressure group have been doing

- Scope to report back to the Twerton community about the attitude of fans and what they are saying

It's one of the most important topics that's ever been discussed on here; but now side-lined to a minor section of the forum - apparently on a technicality.

On the removed thread I'm going to try to connect people with the minutes of the meeting we had with director Sally Harris on Saturday. It's difficult because I can't even post a working hyperlink on here until a 7 day deadline expires.

Joe Scofield

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Mon May 21, 2018 10:36 am

BenE wrote:It is an interesting point. I am not sure that anyone else thinks of it in this way. 

For one thing one of the articles of the new structure is to engage with the wider community.

Maybe it should have been made clearer what community ownership, as opposed to supporter ownership, actually means.

It's just my interpretation, but I think it's worth putting out there. I still see it as different to supporter ownership because the co-op membership structure leaves the door open to anyone who wants to get involved in the future and build a community around the club, plus creating links to other communities of course, for non-football reasons.

You're quite correct in pointing out that our articles commit us to engaging with the wider community and building better links, and as cbtroman points out, we won't have much credibility if we set about alienating every other community in Bath! I just don't want us to lose sight of the fact that Bath City FC is a community in its own right and has the right to take the steps needed to secure our future existence.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Scofield Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 am

The thread has been moved to save the football club's blushes I suspect. However, things have taken a more positive tone in Saturday's meeting with director Sally Harris. Have put a link to the minutes of that meeting in one of my replies to your fans. Cool

Joe Scofield

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Tue May 22, 2018 6:36 am

I found the notes of the meeting to be  interesting and provide an insight to non-football aspects.
I was surprised with the last item where you (Joe) stated you were looking for someone, who resided closer to Twerton Park, to take over the lead of the pressure group.  Do I take it, therefore,  the redevelopment  does not directly impact on yourself.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Next presentation of latest stadium plans -

Wednesday 31st October, 2pm-8pm in Reynolds (Western) Limited Lounge at Twerton Park, High Street, Bath, BA2 1DB. (If disabled access is required please call 01225 423087 to make arrangements).
Saturday 3rd November, 12pm-3pm

http://www.bathcityfc.com/twerton-park-redevelopment-prepares-for-next-stage-of-consultation/
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2