Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS IT WRONG

4 posters

Go down

IS IT WRONG Empty IS IT WRONG

Post by SASCHA Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:11 pm

For a few weeks now I (had) been hoping that we lose games.
A few feathers ruffled there I'm sure.
It's actually not that easy when attending the games as you get involved and obviously hope the players succeed in their endeavours.
I was left at times asking the questions , I know why I'm  wishing for this but will it make any difference ? will this board ever get rid of this management set up regardless of results ? will the management show some dignity and resign ?.
Let me be clear here, I have followed this club for over 55 years and it was a horrible standing on the terraces and knowing that my inner most wish was for the team to fail on any given day.

We now have a new beginning and this afternoon I am once again looking forward to attending a game at Twerton Park. So I guess that I will be hoping for a positive result more than anyone this afternoon (few more ruffled feathers).

So is it wrong to hope for failure if you truly believe, rightly or wrongly that it's for the better good of the club.
Just being honest, that's all.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

IS IT WRONG Empty Re: IS IT WRONG

Post by Beau Nash Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:11 pm

It has taken four or five seasons of collective management failure for change, so out of desperation, it was seemingly the only way...so I agree with you, but "normally" I would never hope we lose. Crying or Very sad
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:17 pm

i dont care who is in charge i always hope we win
managers will always anoy you with tactics or team selection
they will never keep everybody happy
when we won the sothern league in 2006/07 i still got frustrated with john relish's selections or tactics but was happy in the end
Howell's had to go though as results and performances were getting worse
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:45 pm

I agree with you, Sascha, and, not only that but I have had this with Cardiff City and Wales. Indeed, I remember going out to Eindhoven and seeing Wales lose 7-1 to Holland with Vinnie Jones as the captain and, afterwards, we found out that Bobby Gould had called Pierre Van Hoojdonk a "black bastard" in the dressing room. We turned up a week later to watch Wales play Belarus wanting us to lose so that Gould would be sacked. It was the most brilliant 3-2 victory by Wales but it was bitter-sweet.

Anyway, I digress, these are very natural feelings for many of us in football - wanting a one-off loss for the better future for the club. A couple of games where we lost 3-0 or whatever, I was actually thinking "If we lost another 3 or 4 goals, maybe someone will get the message".

I was saying to someone today that I felt that my footballing critical faculties were completely dulled as I have spent the last three months watching such dire football, games and results that it was just a backdrop to my chat with my mates. Today, I actually had to pay attention and was, as a result, genuinely disappointed as our brand new era still ended up in a defeat where we, at least, deserved a draw.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down