Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New player alert

+17
LB
Marc Monitor
tigerroar
pete mac
Steve Whites Missus
Manchester Romans
Beau Nash
Luton Roman
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
BenE
county exile
sned
SteveS
Dusty Lynfield
RomansCast
Roy D Hacksaw
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New player alert - Page 2 Empty Re: New player alert

Post by pete mac Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Shaping up nicely.

Jarvis has shown he can score at this level

Just that keeper now(though I still want a bites your legs midfielder)

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:44 pm

I remembered Nat's name - but not enough about him to remember anything else about him. Looks like he had a decent run at Hungerford. So are we to assume that now we've got him and the other big lad in up front we'll no longer be requiring the clingy services of one Mr M Morgan?

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote: we'll no longer be requiring the clingy services of one Mr M Morgan?

I'd been keeping an eye on MMs twitter feed with the hope he'd announce his signing to someone other than us. Guess he was watched during the season rather than last two games.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:03 pm

We had Nat Jarvis. He was underwhelming.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:16 pm

I think we passed him on to you!

However, he's just had a heck of a season at Hungerford, so hopefully he's grown into his game.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Ah, I thought I knew the name Nat Jarvis from somewhere and thought, if I knew him, he is either good or a thug. As it happens, it is either because he was with us for a minute or because he was at Cardiff City. However, he is post-rebrand so perhaps not. Welsh-born and bred but Antiguan international.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm

He was actually here for 18 minutes! He played 14 as a sub at home to Weston on Boxing Day 2013 and 4 as a sub at Basingstoke a couple of weeks later.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:Ah, I thought I knew the name Nat Jarvis from somewhere and thought, if I knew him, he is either good or a thug.

Pretty much how teachers define all their pupils.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Yup.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:48 am

I'm sure you were in the 'good' category, Benny
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:40 pm

No I was in the third category - who the f*** is he?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by county exile Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Jarvis played 31 matches for County in the Conf Prem days and scored 6 goals. He also has an FA Trophy runners-up medal from that season.

Here's a few of his goals:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmDOo9qKczg&t=5s versus Northwich Victoria in FA Trophy 11mins 55 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWf2t74nabI a league match against someone or other Wink 2 mins 18 in. Don't look at the 3 goals scored by the other side - not very interesting. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D74pGl-Jd4 Braintree in the FA cup 9 mins 30 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOIq7a1W8XU Some village side from Gloucestershire. 2 mins 28 in
county exile
county exile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Thought he's gone but Marvin re-signs !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Thought he's gone but Marvin re-signs !

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! On his performance last year I'm hoping this is actually a signing by Berkeley Coaches for team driver.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:24 pm

I didn't think there was anything more I could learn about holding on to the defender's shirt sleeve but I'm sure there are many nuances to observe over the coming season.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Tapper80 Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Maybe he'll play in goal.

Tapper80

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:49 am

Tapper80 wrote:Maybe he'll play in goal.

I originally wondered about that, but then realised he'd have to cover too much ground.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:51 am

Well, I guess I'm in the minority but I'm quite pleased he's here for another season. There will definitely be plenty of competition for places this season so imagine there will be more rotation among the forwards.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by shaftesbury18 Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:05 am

Yes,Im also pleased that he is here for another season. I'm 100 per cent certain thats why Watkins was top scorer last season.Morgans physicality gave Watkins more freedom to roam into danger areas. Hopefully this will also benefit the new strikers and of course Mc Cootie.Although I appreciate they can't all play at the same time!!
Morgans mature attributes outweigh anything else.

shaftesbury18

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:21 pm

With 4 strikers plus Watto of differing shapes and sizes and ages GO can certianly pick horses for courses this season. We know there are usually some giant teams in the division and to be fair Marvin has helped to ensure we are more resilient at the back from set pieces.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:43 pm

shaftesbury18 wrote:Yes,Im also pleased that he is here for another season.  I'm 100 per cent certain thats why Watkins was top scorer last season. Morgans physicality gave Watkins more freedom to roam into danger areas. Hopefully this will also benefit the new strikers and of course Mc Cootie. Although I appreciate they can't all play at the same time!!
Morgans mature attributes outweigh anything else.

It's funny how different people see different things in a player. While you saw all that, I saw a lazy, dishonest character, who'd consistently back into and cling onto defenders before falling to the ground pretending to have been fouled, rather than actually making a challenge for the ball. And despite a strong start and end to the season - where he was quite possibly trying to impress the management into extending his contract - he was mostly anonymous for the biggest chunk in the middle, but was continually picked, despite his lack of effort and frequent complete disappearances from games.

It's oft been said that he's an influence in the dressing room. Well I wish that he'd bring some of that influence onto the pitch, rather than clinging on, falling over and pointing. I can only assume that Owers owes him money...

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:... I saw a lazy, dishonest character, who'd consistently back into and cling onto defenders before falling to the ground pretending to have been fouled, rather than actually making a challenge for the ball. And despite a strong start and end to the season - where he was quite possibly trying to impress the management into extending his contract - he was mostly anonymous for the biggest chunk in the middle, but was continually picked, despite his lack of effort and frequent complete disappearances from games.

It's oft been said that he's an influence in the dressing room. Well I wish that he'd bring some of that influence onto the pitch, rather than clinging on, falling over and pointing. I can only assume that Owers owes him money...

Couldn't agree more Roy, I'm glad more people noticed the way he'd grab defenders and try to claim he was fouled, was starting to think I was imagining it! I did mutter about him trying to earn a contract in the last few games of the season, looks like it worked.

Generally I have been well on board with Owers since his return, but his soft spot for Morgan baffles me.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:06 pm

As shaftsbury says it is difficult to assess how important he was to us not being rolled over by tall teams, but the fact we weren't is probably a measure of why GOs assessment of Marvin is that he is one to keep.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:55 am

That's not what you say about him on the terraces, Benny!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:50 pm

If he had played like he did for the last two weeks then he would be my favourite player. But he didn't.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next