Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Player So Far

3 posters

Go down

Who's your favourite

Best Player So Far Vote_lcap24%Best Player So Far Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
Best Player So Far Vote_lcap5%Best Player So Far Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Best Player So Far Vote_lcap48%Best Player So Far Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 10 ]
Best Player So Far Vote_lcap0%Best Player So Far Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Best Player So Far Vote_lcap13%Best Player So Far Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 21

Best Player So Far Empty Best Player So Far

Post by BenE Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Who has made the biggest contribution. Sorry to those not on the list but I can only get 10 in.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Best Player So Far Empty Re: Best Player So Far

Post by Luton Roman Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:15 pm

As u put Manny there he gets my vote.

GO still talking up prospects as he should but also importantly indicates that when off field issues around the Bid sorted it will help him. While I can't see us getting the some 45 pts needed for play off contention, we should be capable of getting the 25 or so needed quickly enough to keep us clear of problems. There are definitely some poor teams in this division, but realistically 17 18 needs to be GOs target with additional funds.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:50 am

I think it is worth commenting on these results. Our best players have been a defender who is no longer with us and an emergency goalkeeper who has grown into the role.

Possibly Andy Watkins would get a few more votes after the last couple of games but no one else is really making a mark.

Player recruitment has been so so to poor and players that we know can produce more - like Frankie aren't. As LB says on another thread there has been very little to get excited about all season. It just is not clicking and doesn't look like doing so.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:51 am

I think this season is a mirror of last - I thought it was too simplistic to suggest that disastrous early exits in the cup were the reason but a bit of research suggests that the players were badly affected by the Harlow and Potters Bar defeats...

We had played 12 league matches before each of those exits picking up 19 points last year and 13 this. Maintaining that form would end in a play off spot most seasons. Following the Harlow tie we averaged just 1.1 points per game, almost identical to the average since Potters Bar. The fact that we are likely to end in a mid table position is good from the point of view of maintaining our Conference position, but fans need to look forward to more especially with half the games still to play.

And of course the measly prize money won from our cup runs of recent years means there's less in the kitty to attract players.

Let's hope we do have a strong run in the new year and a play off position is still a possibility. But come next Autumn it's vital that we have a decent cup run...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:33 am

but why do we consistently perform so badly against lower league opposition? This has been happening season after season.
If we could put our finger on the cause we would be a long way to improving our lot.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down