Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemel 0 City 3

+3
Luton Roman
comrade powell
the demon headmaster
7 posters

Go down

Hemel 0 City 3 Empty Hemel 0 City 3

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Well that feels better. In truth it was a terrible game with Hemel taking the Ferriby route to goal but not so effectively. As they pushed for an equalizer in the second half space opened up for us and we started to play a bit of football. However we needed to ride a huge amount of luck as they struck the post twice in the same move and had a couple of goal bound shorts cleared off the line. However following last week the clean sheet and 3 very well taken goals was the tonic we all needed.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Hemel 0 City 3 Empty Re: Hemel 0 City 3

Post by comrade powell Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Yes, a surprisingly comfortable win considering Hemel's recent form. As a spectacle, the match was dire with probably the worst surface we have played on for years. The ball was constantly in the air and sailing out of the ground. Unfortunate incident leading to our first goal, with the replacement Lino raising his flag in the preceding move then putting it down again. Still, Hemel should learn to play to the whistle.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Think the replacement lino was a BBC local radio reporter with Three Counties radio, wonder how they did the prog without him??

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:49 pm

This might not be a statistic that anyone has but have we ever had more red cards against us in a season than this?!

I've possibly missed some but I think it's:

Whitehawk, Wealdstone, Sutton, Maidenhead, Hemel x3, St Albans, Dover, N Ferriby, Hemel

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Good warm-up for next season when Maidstone probably join the league, plus Maidenhead/Hayes & Yeading and Sutton installing 3G pitches. I haven't seen a ball bounce so high off a surface in a while, summed up by the ridiculous Pratt incident in the first half when it landed over the crossbar. Hemel's management were far from happy with the pitch as well, it spoilt the game in all honesty.

It was weird with the first goal. The linesman signalled a foul but then I thought put his flag up separately to say the ball had gone out of play. As he spoke to the referee and the goal was allowed I'm sure he must have just confirmed he was putting his flag up for a foul and nothing else, and the referee, rightly or wrongly, overruled him.

The sending off changed the game. I didn't have a good view but apparently it was a clear loss of discipline from their player. At least he had a quick walk down the tunnel. They didn't really threaten after that.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Ashley wrote:This might not be a statistic that anyone has but have we ever had more red cards against us in a season than this?!

I've possibly missed some but I think it's:

Whitehawk, Wealdstone, Sutton, Maidenhead, Hemel x3, St Albans, Dover, N Ferriby, Hemel

I was wondering if anyone has ever had as many red cards for opponents.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:49 am

the demon headmaster wrote:Well that feels better. In truth it was a terrible game with Hemel taking the Ferriby route to goal but not so effectively. As they pushed for an equalizer in the second half space opened up for us and we started to play a bit of football. However we needed to ride a huge amount of luck as they struck the post twice in the same move and had a couple of goal bound shorts cleared off the line. However following last week the clean sheet and 3 very well taken goals was the tonic we all needed.
Sounds like they threw everything at us!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down