Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol Rovers away!

+32
bonzodog
Midsomer-steve
SteveS
Dodgycarpet
county exile
SteveBradley
cannonball
Bridgeyate
BenE
LB
threeday week
Timbo_b-o-a
RUDI GULITS
CityHatcham
Dusty Lynfield
Dave
Skyblue
Corstonian
lodds
MaryS
yuffie
Jon_BOA
Peteboa
Luton Roman
tigerroar
pete mac
Ashley
Beau Nash
2weirdtown
stillmanjunior
kermit
comrade powell
36 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Bristol Rovers away! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bristol Rovers away!

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Where are poeple thinking about going in the ground? Having deliberated with singers and flag bearer HQ its got to be the terrace for the usual vocal brigade just to avoid any confusion. Once we enter a section we might not be able to swap so would be a shame if we all got split up.

Rovers are used to a handful of fans huddled in the Tent End (and is seated) every week where acoustics aren't great so would be good to take the opportunity of putting on a show along the side, where away fans have probably never been before and more on display!

Last edited by Timbo_b-o-a on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:06 pm

comrade powell wrote: I still think he could do a great job at TP...
That crossed my mind, especially as he has a day-time job so might not want too much salary.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Timbo_b-o-a wrote:Where are poeple thinking about going in the ground? Having deliberated with singers and flag bearer HQ its got to be the terrace for the usual vocal brigade just to avoid any confusion. Once we enter a section we might not be able to swap so would be a shame if we all got split up.

Rovers are used to a handful of fans huddled in the Tent End (and is seated) every week where acoustics aren't great so would be good to take the opportunity of putting on a show along the side, where away fans have probably never been before and more on display!
OK...so are we all heading for the East Stand? Although it is open to the elements. No roof, so noise may be more difficult to generate than under the canvas in the seats of the South Stand. Oh....decisions decisions!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:41 pm

comrade powell wrote:I have no problem with Adie's words if they encourage City fans to get to the game. This will almost definitely be the highlight of our season and it's always good to see us playing superior opponents. I'm certainly not expecting a repeat of the lacklustre displays which have featured in most of our cup matches this season and the players really shouldn't need the words of the management to motivate them this time. But I hope the duo will send them out in the same way Rikko used to for all those memorable cup games when he was in charge. I still think he could do a great job at TP...

Bigger than the final at Wembley?
pirat
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Would really love to see us go a long way in this jinxed tournament, but there have been so many anti climaxes over the years. I remember after that dreadful collapse to Barnet in '69, when we threw away a 3-0 lead, that it wouldn't be long before we made a real impact in the Trophy. Well, 45 years later, I'm still waiting!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:07 pm

It actually wouldn't remotely surprise me if we won tomorrow and then lost to someone two leagues below in the next round.

By which point Powell will be on here with a speech like Chris Waddle every time England are knocked out of a major tournament...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Oi, Pratt, at least look like you want to lift that Trophy! Very Happy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:27 pm

kermit wrote:
Timbo_b-o-a wrote:Where are poeple thinking about going in the ground? Having deliberated with singers and flag bearer HQ its got to be the terrace for the usual vocal brigade just to avoid any confusion. Once we enter a section we might not be able to swap so would be a shame if we all got split up.

OK...so are we all heading for the East Stand? Although it is open to the elements. No roof, so noise may be more difficult to generate than under the canvas in the seats of the South Stand. Oh....decisions decisions!

Yes very tricky but thoughts were:
South stand you risk the chance of zealous stewards getting you to sit down/ or having hard plastic scraping your shins all game. Having been to Rovers a few times you can barely hear anything from the away teams in that tent anyway.

I think even though there's no roof we'd be more audiable along the side as we're central in the ground. Is something a bit different, make it more of a cup atmosphere if we're in full gusto nearer their fans..and its standing - Terraces not Armchairs!
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:58 pm

City 7/2 to win. 16/1 to win 1-0, 40/1 2-0.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:34 am

Very skinny odds from William Hill for us to win , must be the volumn of bets in the Twerton shop.  geek

Better to use this - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/fa-trophy/bristol-rovers-v-bath-city/winner - best odds: Bristol Rovers 8/15, Draw 10/3, Bath City 32/5.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by county exile Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 am

Good luck today.

Hope the city hordes travelling to the mem don't clog up my route round Bristol to Newport today. Very Happy
county exile
county exile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:43 am

county exile wrote:Good luck today.

Hope the city hordes travelling to the mem don't clog up my route round Bristol to Newport today. Very Happy

Easy answer is to head for the mem.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6