Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Hemel Hempstead

+10
comrade powell
Marc Monitor
yuffie
Luton Roman
Ashley
2weirdtown
Twerton Parker
SteveS
cannonball
Mark Tanner
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v Hemel Hempstead - Page 2 Empty Re: City v Hemel Hempstead

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 pm

It was the briefest sub appearance I've ever seen. He took the free-kick, hit one of our own players and the ref blew for full-time.

Strange game though. Hemel were far from the dirtiest side I've ever seen but don't think they could have any complaints about the three red cards. Q said the elbow was blatant and the guy didn't complain when he wandered off.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:41 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:It was the briefest sub appearance I've ever seen. He took the free-kick, hit one of our own players and the ref blew for full-time.

Strange game though. Hemel were far from the dirtiest side I've ever seen but don't think they could have any complaints about the three red cards. Q said the elbow was blatant and the guy didn't complain when he wandered off.
Reading their fans forum it looks like he regularly lashes out with his elbows. They reckon he's a liability.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:56 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Q said the elbow was blatant and the guy didn't complain when he wandered off.

except to get in a slanging match with Jim!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:18 pm

comrade powell wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:Q said the elbow was blatant and the guy didn't complain when he wandered off.

except to get in a slanging match with Jim!

Did he? No-one told me.

I'll have to keep my guard up next time.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Their goalkeeper was brilliant and I think his performance spurred Jason on. He had a really good game too. He had an opportunity to score again when their goalie took a free kick on the halfway line but didn't take it.

Hemel raised their game after the goal and we could not respond - we were second to every loose ball even though we had a man advantage. It was crying out for a substitution as Artus Allen and Adelsbury hardly got near the ball for fifteen minutes. Belatedly we brought Kington on (the correct replacement).

I do not know why Stearn was brought on except to humiliate him. It would be impossible to have a shorter appearance - even Dave Pratt played for longer on his record breaking sending off game.

McCootie didn't look confident when he broke clear, he seemed to want to pass but realised Watkin had got ahead of him. Unless DP scores no one is going to.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Oh and Simmo was brilliant. I thought Hemmings did well in an unfamiliar role but he would be a liability playing there on a regular basis.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:33 pm

SteveS wrote:Yes, PR and Publicity has been zero.

It appears the whole club is demoralised and that it is being set up to sell the ground. With falling gates the board will have ample justification.

Where will we go? Could we buy out Odd Down?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:36 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:It was the briefest sub appearance I've ever seen. He took the free-kick, hit one of our own players and the ref blew for full-time.

I thought the free kick was really odd. They had six of their remaining seven outfield players in the wall and the other on the halfway line. Unless the referee said he was going to end it straight after the free-kick surely a pass either side of the wall to keep possession or run clear on goal would have made more sense.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Just before they sent Stearn on I saw the linesman in front of the dugout signal when asked how long was left. He must have made out it was the last kick of the game so probably thought we might as well have a shot.

Had he been wrong and they broke away and equalised I think I would have retired from all involvement with football ever.

It also makes the third sending off look rather silly. Instead of his side taking a 2-0 defeat, they now have three players serving a three match ban in and around the Xmas period. He obviously thought there was a lot longer left. I wish we had consistency with the board going up and stating the additional time. I don't blame Simon/Bladders for this, the officials need to make it clearer.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 pm

He's also the one that fouled Watkins on the edge of the box before leathering the ball into the pop side right at me!

Serves him right...

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:....they now have three players serving a three match ban in and around the Xmas period.....
Perfect timing for all 3 to enjoy a traditional festive period Wink
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Ashley wrote:
comrade powell wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:8 is correct - the same number of players Hemel had left at the end. Neat.

So the last time we played in front of a sub-290 home attendance in the league was 27th April 1987. Joe Hart was days old, The Simpsons had just made their first appearance on the Tracey Ullman Show, Madonna was at number one with La Isla Bonita, Nintendo released the first ever version of Zelda games and Scott and Charlene (Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue) were soon to be married on Neighbours.

And I was still crawling around probably.

And my son, Ross, was just 5 months old having been born in....

Hemel Hempstead

I wasn't born... Surprised

Neither was Dave Pratt.

I beliebe three of our players that started yesterday were alive at the time of our last lowest crowd.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:33 pm

BenE wrote:
SteveS wrote:Yes, PR and Publicity has been zero.

It appears the whole club is demoralised and that it is being set up to sell the ground. With falling gates the board will have ample justification.

Where will we go? Could we buy out Odd Down?

See the other thread.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2