Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football money article

+3
Marc Monitor
pete mac
Mark Tanner
7 posters

Go down

Football money article Empty Football money article

Post by Mark Tanner Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:18 am

Hi all,

Following a lot of debate on money and football on here I'm going to write an article over the next few days looking at everything from tickets prices, to wages to how to improve a club's finance.

This follows Bath City's sponsored walk, which I took part in.

Also many thanks to everyone who donated on the day in the bucket going round! It raised.......

£149,91!!

Just 9p short of £150 so really well done to everyone who put their hands in their pockets yesterday afternoon! and for the old half penny and Edinburgh Dungeon thing!

Looking forward to some healthy debate, and hopefully this post will be kept here as the article will be featuring Bath City quite a lot!

Private messages can be sent to mtannersports@gmail.com of you don't want your views on here, but quotes maybe used in the final article at www.mtannersports.com
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Football money article Empty Re: Football money article

Post by pete mac Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Well done to the walkers. I sponsored 3 and the cheques are on their way!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Well done, Mark. I was more than happy to donate as I didn't go on the sponsored walk. The main reason for this is that it was so minimally publicised that there was very little time to get sponsors. In the circumstances, all the money you raised was excellent.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:23 am

Well done on the walk Mark !

On football finances - I've done a bit of writing on that myself, and quite a bit of work within politics on it. Football gets a huge amount of direct and indirect public subsidy (e.g. when Glasgow Rangers went bust it resulted in £70m of unpaid tax being written off under the Football Creditors' Rule), so that is one of many reasons why it's entirely appropriate in my opinion for government/politics to take an active interest in ensuring the game sorts its affairs out. I'll forward you some stuff.

If you fancy getting really into the issue, there'll be a 50 minute policy debate on reform of football at Lib Dem conference next month, broadcast live on BBC Parliament (9am Tues 7th Oct), with your's truly giving the opening speech Surprised) I'm sure you'll be up all night waiting for that... Very Happy

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

I assume you will be wearing your City shirt in the Commons after the General Election...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:10 am

Away one for Lib Dems...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:32 am

comrade powell wrote:I assume you will be wearing your City shirt in the Commons after the General Election...

There's pretty strict protocol about what you can wear in parliament, so the speaker would have something to say about that !

A City badge would certainly get a regular airing. Though I obviously need to get elected first... Smile

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:32 am

Yellow used to be the Liberal / Liberal Democrat colour.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Cheers Steve, I'll look out for your email and the talk! Nice one!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down