Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F A charges

+6
comrade powell
Luton Roman
Marcus Stevenus
BenE
Steve Whites Missus
LB
10 posters

Go down

F A charges Empty F A charges

Post by LB Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:07 pm

Interesting that the club (as far as I can see) has made no official comment on the charges that the F A has (apparently) made against Jerry and the club relating to the Slough game. I have only seen these on good old Facebook, and there has been no comment from Slough either!

Jerry is charged under FA Rule E3.1 "It is alleged that during and following the suspension of play in the fixture, his conduct was improper".

The club is charged under FA Rule E20.1 "It is alleged that during and following the suspension of play in the fixture, Bath City FC failed to ensure that its players and/or technical area occupants did not behave in a way which was improper".  

Both Jerry and the club have denied the charges and elected for Paper Hearings.

I look forward to reading that the Slough manager (and by extension the club) is also charged with 'improper conduct' for the comments he made in his post match interview

LB

Back to top Go down

F A charges Empty Re: F A charges

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:38 pm

Surely the league setting themselves up with bargaining power regarding the Slough game.
We'll drop the charges if you let us award the game to Slough.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:49 pm

Improper conduct? What could that be? Using the wrong fork at dinner? Failing to address an official with the correct title?
BenE
BenE

Roy D Hacksaw and Steve Whites Missus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:59 pm

BenE wrote:Improper conduct? What could that be? Using the wrong fork at dinner? Failing to address an official with the correct title?
Passed the port right...

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:02 pm

Nooooo
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Stevenus Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:03 pm

So who made the decision to abandon the match? I’m sure if the referee had made it clear that abandoning the match at that point. Would have resulted in the result at the time being confirmed the Jerrry would have continued to play on , and tables updated accordingly. As these did not happen, then, rightly or wrongly, the result of that match is abandoned and therefore play again.
Surely at any professional level, no manager can influence a referee to that degree??

Marcus Stevenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:14 pm

Marcus Stevenus wrote:So who made the decision to abandon the match? I’m sure if the referee had made it clear that abandoning the match at that point. Would have resulted in the result at the time being confirmed the Jerrry would have continued to play on , and tables updated accordingly. As these did not happen, then, rightly or wrongly,  the result of that match is abandoned and therefore play again.
Surely at any professional level, no manager can influence a referee to that degree??

Yes, if the ref gave a choice and we took it, end of matter. If we refused to play, we're culpable. Simples.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:28 am

Either way, the handling of this by the League has turned into a farce. Not fit for purpose.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:45 am

Wonder if the league were concerned their decision, whatever, would set some sort of precedent that would require FA support. As I have said before supporters have assumed, rightly that the abandoned match would (as is normal) be replayed.
Individuals might claim that they had made financial commitments this would be the case and if there is a late decision to perhaps decide the match result is a win for Slough then the league could be subject to claims for compensation.
Not sure if tonight's event is still going ahead but some further information may be available then.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:58 pm

Peter Newman wrote:Wonder if the league were concerned their decision, whatever, would set some sort of precedent that would require FA support. As I have said before supporters have assumed, rightly that the abandoned match would (as is normal) be replayed.
Individuals might claim that they had made financial commitments this would be the case and if  there is a late decision to perhaps decide the match result is a win for Slough then the league could be subject to claims for compensation.
Not sure if tonight's event is still going ahead but some further information may be available then.

Still going ahead Pete, no reason not to. I guess there will be some q and a on it. NL statement is bland. Play offs still in our hands.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:06 pm

But the best the team can now hope for is an away eliminator on the Tuesday or Wednesday evening and if successful another away game v 2nd or 3rd a few days later.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:58 pm

comrade powell wrote:But the best the team can now hope for is an away eliminator on the Tuesday or Wednesday evening and if successful another away game v 2nd or 3rd a few days later.

Even 3 wins taking us to 79 pts wd rely on Worthing and Braintree each not picking up a point from their last 2 games to get 5th. Unlikely.  Anyway, we're better on the road !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:01 pm

Has that other abandoned game between Weymouth and Yeovil been awarded to Weymouth (who were leading at the time)?! If not I cannot understand why Slough have been awarded the points from our abandoned match with them, If the match referee asked both managers, on the spot, what they would like to happen - regardless of any untoward antics displayed by the away dugout, which would have attracted some disciplinary action that we are now being charged with, surely the ruling under which both managers were asked the question (the answer to which must end in mutual agreement) is paramount in deciding whether to abandon the match at the time, with a view to it being replayed? The conclusion of it all is very sad - and not understood!

Yes - we can still finish in the top seven, but our task has been made a lot harder now - unless I am missing something the League's decision is very unjust.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:20 am

I wonder if the decision was influenced by the leagues 'need' to get the season done on schedule.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:43 am

The whole affair is baffling to me. At last night's meeting for supporters we were informed that the ref had no protocol to follow and contacted the FA who were unhelpful. Also that Slough FC had no medical staff available for paying spectators - this is something I wondered about on the day and seems to have been confirmed.

The ref was obliged to halt the match as it appeared that the only people qualified to deal with the emergency were the two teams' physios and they saved time by running across the pitch to access the terrace behind the goal. But if St John's Ambulance or the equivalent had been present surely they could have treated the supporter in the first place. The Slough fans nearest the incident beckoned to the ref to stop the game but surely the stewards nearby should be the first port of call - presumably they are trained in what to do in these situations. I'm not sure if the physios stayed with the supporter throughout the 25 minutes or so before he was stretchered away but obviously the ref couldn't have restarted while they were occupied.

It appears that the NL needs to tighten up its procedures. Their rules can be found here and section 25 starting on page 59 covers qualified medical practioners...

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/leagues/13676_1691057466.pdf

However where it states The safety of Players (and, where applicable, others) is of paramount importance does 'others' include spectators? If it does and what we were told last night is correct, then perhaps Slough FC should be facing charges as well.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare Sloughgate with what happened at Weymouth where the air ambulance touched down on the pitch and seems to have been similar to the Alex Fletcher incident when the ref had no choice but to abandon the match.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:49 am

2weirdtown wrote:I wonder if the decision was influenced by the leagues 'need' to get the season done on schedule.

Indeed. Another interesting snippet from last night's meeting was that apparently the clubs were surprised when the NL announced that this season would finish a week earlier than was expected. This was after many players' contracts had been sorted. Apparently liaison on such matters is not seen as a priority. But it does pose the question could the precious playoffs have been delayed for a week to allow those clubs with a backlog of fixtures to complete the regular season?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:17 am

comrade powell wrote:The whole affair is baffling to me. At last night's meeting for supporters we were informed that the ref had no protocol to follow and contacted the FA who were unhelpful. Also that Slough FC had no medical staff available for paying spectators - this is something I wondered about on the day and seems to have been confirmed.

The ref was obliged to halt the match as it appeared that the only people qualified to deal with the emergency were the two teams' physios and they saved time by running across the pitch to access the terrace behind the goal. But if St John's Ambulance or the equivalent had been present surely they could have treated the supporter in the first place. The Slough fans nearest the incident beckoned to the ref to stop the game but surely the stewards nearby should be the first port of call - presumably they are trained in what to do in these situations. I'm not sure if the physios stayed with the supporter throughout the 25 minutes or so before he was stretchered away but obviously the ref couldn't have restarted while they were occupied.

It appears that the NL needs to tighten up its procedures. Their rules can be found here and section 25 starting on page 59 covers qualified medical practioners...

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/leagues/13676_1691057466.pdf

However where it states The safety of Players (and, where applicable, others) is of paramount importance does 'others' include spectators? If it does and what we were told last night is correct, then perhaps Slough FC should be facing charges as well.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare Sloughgate with what happened at Weymouth where the air ambulance touched down on the pitch and seems to have been similar to the Alex Fletcher incident when the ref had no choice but to abandon the match.

I am pretty sure that Shane Morgan said that there have to be medical staff at the Twerton for all games - it seems that there weren't any at Weymouth either despite the large crowd expected that day.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:10 pm

I hear that the Yeovil manager is more than upset at the pathetic FA decision on their 'postponed' game at Weymouth.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:47 pm

Are clubs now going to be nervous about summoning the best medical attention during a game?

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:04 pm

City 'til we're relegated wrote:Are clubs now going to be nervous about summoning the best medical attention during a game?
No. I expect the NL will require all supporters to bring a recent medical certificate to be shown on entry to the ground.

Steve Whites Missus

Beau Nash, 2weirdtown and Roy D Hacksaw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:08 pm

Perhaps ticket prices had an optional insurance charge so that refunds could be claimed should a match be abandoned. Although suppose you could have a claim from your credit card provider if that was how you bought a ticket.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum