Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slough Postponement

+14
davebart
pete mac
Paul1978
Beau Nash
A36
Steve Whites Missus
Luton Roman
Peter Newman
BenE
Ashley
comrade powell
Dave
2weirdtown
Midsomer-chris
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Slough Postponement - Page 3 Empty Re: Slough Postponement

Post by kermit Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:08 pm

Agreed Comrade.
From my perspective I would say that I believe if the unfortunate incident had not occurred we would have gone on to a least draw the match and quite possibly won the game.
Slough players were rattled by our offensive play.
The goalkeeper had just been booked for time wasting.
We were battering them.
Unfortunately we will never know, but I do wonder whether we have heard the last of this.
On another contravesey I see Truro are playing their 1st team tonight against Eastbourne and the reserve team tomorrow against Yeovile.
Can we expect Chelmsford City to claim that they have been cheated?
kermit
kermit

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:35 pm

With my tongue now back out from my cheek, hopefully this is the end of the matter and all parties can move on.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:59 am

There is no doubt that Slough were the team to benefit from the long break in play. They were on the ropes at the time and the momentum was with us, and the delay would have given Slough a chance to reorganise and make less likely a City recovery. I think most managers in Jerry's position would have pushed for an abandonment.
I would have thought going forward the logical way to resolve similar situations is that both managers have to agree on whether the match should continue or be abandoned. If they can't agree then the referee decides and both managers have to abide by his decision. In our case we don't know whether the referee wanted the match to continue and Jerry refused. If he did refuse then I can understand why him and the club are facing disciplinary action and maybe a further points deduction !

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:22 am

kermit wrote:
On another contravesey I see Truro are playing their 1st team tonight against Eastbourne and the reserve team tomorrow against Yeovile.
Can we expect Chelmsford City to claim that they have been cheated?

Always good to see the integrity of the league being maintained!

LB

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:22 pm

Micawber wrote: I would have thought going forward the logical way to resolve similar situations is that both managers have to agree on whether the match should continue or be abandoned. If they can't agree then the referee decides and both managers have to abide by his decision.!
I think they need to set a time limit. If the game can be restarted in say 30 minutes then the teams and officials have a duty to keep warm and be ready to play. If it can't be started in 30 minutes either party including the ref has the option to veto a restart.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 pm

glad they got the 3 points saves us a trip tuesday to arbour park so we can be fresher for aveley. still think slough and league mugged us off but doesn't matter now. thanks for the no travel and potential injuries and red cards we wont get tuesday now. have some of that slough manager. would have been 4 4 any way.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3