Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coalville Town

+5
Paul1978
Digger
BenE
comrade powell
Ashley
9 posters

Go down

Coalville Town Empty Coalville Town

Post by Guest Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:32 am

I see that Leroy Lita is cup tied for Coalville, would have been interesting to watch a player with that much league experience, even if it was a few years ago now.

Back to top Go down

Coalville Town Empty Re: Coalville Town

Post by Ashley Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:40 pm

At least if he’d been able to play it’d have been some excitement. City turned it on in the last 10 or so looking for a goal but that was another huge opportunity wasted for the club.

Ashley

Midsomer-steve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:12 pm

Fair play to Coalville for keeping their nerve in the shoot out but they were as toothless as our opponents in the earlier rounds and we only have ourselves to blame for not being in Monday’s draw. Will be interesting to see how the season pans out from here. Very, very cheesed off.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:02 pm

We have scored one goal in four games.
I was expecting us to come flying out of the blocks after Tuesday's dross but it didn't happen - again.
Fair play to Coalville, they defended fantastically and were lively up front, but we didn't do enough.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:32 pm

We looked better and more in control when playing two up front. why Mr Gill insists on a loan striker has be baffled. Wilson looked lost. Really think that JG has taken us as far as he can. New man at the helm next season. Fresh ideas are required. Who's available? The best of who ever applies.

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:04 pm

I think that is a bit extreme. If we get in the play offs that will be pretty good for a club of our resources. Yes it is disappointing to get dumped out of the cup by a team we should beat but let's not get carried away. We aren't a club that can expect to be challenging for automatic promotion every season, but we hold our own except in the cups, where our recent record is abysmal.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:46 pm

Massive 2 games coming up. Really looking like make or break now. I feared injuries would hamper us at some point. Parselle going off and Russe probably playing last few games with a knock and making it worse. Russe is a winner. Regarding today. Gutted. We done enough to win it but sadly blasted loads over the bar. Another day Thomas scores instead of hitting the post. Fine margins as always. We lost. Suck it up and go again. Fatigue is kicking on now. Our 1st 11 can beat anyone. It's a squad game these days and sadly we can't afford a 20 man top quality squad. It is what it is and we rest for a week and get up for Dartford. Dig deep lads.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:16 am

I think we have a very strong bench and we haven't suffered from excessive injuries so far, so that isn't an excuse. But I'm not sure of the balance of the squad at times. Four centre backs has not proved sustainable and nor has four wingers. Nor do I think Cooke being in and out of the side does him any good. Many strikers need runs of games to get in the goals.
But as you allude there may be issues we know nothing about that dictates who plays.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell, Beau Nash and 2weirdtown like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:29 pm

Yes we have a strong bench but no depth after that. Fatigue definately kicking in. Glad 7 days rest coming up. Been exciting so far and hopefully we can get back on track to push for top 7. Cody Cooke got rabbits in his house. I'm not sure Cooke and Wilson can play together. Worth a try though for a number of games. Guess Smith would be dropped unless Russe injured for longer.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:38 pm

Just seen the highlights, so much possession, so many crosses, so many times in the box, so little for their keeper to do !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:47 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Just seen the highlights, so much possession, so many crosses, so many times in the box, so little for their keeper to do !
Yes. We skied many a chance. Thomas hit post. Can't remember keeper making a decent save due too our wild shooting. We're still creating lots of chances. It's certainly not boring watching us. As long as the lads keep giving 100% which they will I can take defeat. Sometimes the width of a post makes fans happy or sad. Playing without fire in their bellies is only thing I can't stand. We never been a club like that though. I'm enjoying the ride. Frustrating to lose of course but we had enough chances to win 2 games.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:51 am

Coalville defended well.
We could have scored a fistful.
The female referee was VERY good.
Onwards and upwards.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:40 am

Success eludes us again.
Hope we can sustain a playoff push.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:48 pm

I thought Coalville’s defence was superior to most of those we’ve seen in NLS this season. I hope they go all the way in the competition just to emphasise what a great opportunity we’ve thrown away again. 
Watching the highlights though did emphasise how wasteful we were. And if Colin is praising the ref she must have been good!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:38 pm

I would have liked to see James Alabi come on in the last 15 minutes or so. It was crying out for a chunky striker to just bundle the ball into the net.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:38 pm

Just a shame 'the best group of players ' didn't match up to their billing.

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down