Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenslade goal wow

4 posters

Go down

Greenslade goal wow Empty Greenslade goal wow

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:42 am

perfectly in line with greenslades goal. i really cant remember such a left footed screamer since a scott walker screamer many years ago. was stunned, power and top corner. how far out was he roughly. anyone know roughly before palmers highlights come up.
Paul1978
Paul1978

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Greenslade goal wow Empty Re: Greenslade goal wow

Post by Guest Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:05 am

Stunning! Also what a brilliant attendance, over 1,500 for a wet Tuesday night. It doesn't seem that long ago we'd get 400 on a midweek game.

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 am

Yes, a terrific goal (and the first wasn't bad either!) - probably not as good as last night's effort, but Greenslade scored with another screamer from distance last season.
A very entertaining match which will hopefully persuade the many students present to return for more (apart from the mouthy one at the Bristol end of the stand who spent the second half trying to goad the away fans - the downside of allowing drinking in view of the game)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash, 2weirdtown and Digger like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:20 am

The in-ground drinking is a pain in the a r se. It's like watching football in a beer garden.

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:15 pm

But it's what the new punters want
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:49 pm

I didn't think we played particularly well until Jordan's goal which gave the game the spark it needed. Well done to the lino spotting the infringement on their 'goal' although they didn't like it and it gave them renewed vigour for five minutes until we got hold of the game again. It was a great move for Greenslade's goal as well so it is going to take something special to beat that for goal of the season.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:11 pm

James Carlin wrote:Stunning! Also what a brilliant attendance, over 1,500 for a wet Tuesday night. It doesn't seem that long ago we'd get 400 on a midweek game.
are you london bath exile from back in the day. cant remember old name on forum.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:14 pm

comrade powell wrote:Yes, a terrific goal (and the first wasn't bad either!) - probably not as good as last night's effort, but Greenslade scored with another screamer from distance last season.
A very entertaining match which will hopefully persuade the many students present to return for more (apart from the mouthy one at the Bristol end of the stand who spent the second half trying to goad the away fans - the downside of allowing drinking in view of the game)
yes he was front row. i was back row behind him. kept saying 3 0 with his fingers. ill admit i was nosier than most of the stand tbh. very chilled out in the stand i liked it. did you clock me powell. i was a bit ott too taunton tbh when we got 2nd after there dissallowed goal which was correctly disallowed
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:15 pm

Digger wrote:The in-ground drinking is a pain in the a r se.  It's like watching football in a beer garden.
it must be incredibly profitable. my stepson had 3 guinnesses.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:18 pm

comrade powell wrote: probably not as good as last night's effort, but Greenslade scored with another screamer from distance last season.
can you remember who that was against powell. ill go on you tube and watch it.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:22 pm

BenE wrote:I didn't think we played particularly well until Jordan's goal which gave the game the spark it needed. Well done to the lino spotting the infringement on their 'goal' although they didn't like it and it gave them renewed vigour for five minutes until we got hold of the game again. It was a great move for Greenslade's goal as well so it is going to take something special to beat that for goal of the season.
agree first half no one wanted too lose so was sketchy. although we missed 2 sitters tbf. we got a solid first 11. and look at the bench, cooke, frear, lines went on. fletcher and morgan unused. thats some substitues. loan keeper from yeovil pleasantly surprised was suspicious of him pre match. pulled off 2 stunning saves 1st half. good stuff. so shocked at greenslade screamer. perfectly in line. man i wish palmer camera was other side of ground for last night. never mind should still look good from popular side.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:44 pm

Golazoo
Click the link for video

Last edited by BenE on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
BenE
BenE

Paul1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:57 pm

our current team spirit is reminding me of the days of hoggy jim rollo gethin dutch edwards partridge harris etc era. team spirit is crucial in football and a fine bunch of men have clearly bonded in the dressing room. all the bad eggs have been disposed of, to be fair i only think 1 bad egg and im sure you know who that is. a real buzz around the team and fans.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:26 pm

Paul1978 wrote:
comrade powell wrote: probably not as good as last night's effort, but Greenslade scored with another screamer from distance last season.
can you remember who that was against powell. ill go on you tube and watch it.

Eastbourne last January. Not as spectacular as last night’s goal but slightly further out…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DshF-zmAw0Q
comrade powell
comrade powell

Paul1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Paul1978 wrote:
James Carlin wrote:Stunning! Also what a brilliant attendance, over 1,500 for a wet Tuesday night. It doesn't seem that long ago we'd get 400 on a midweek game.
are you london bath exile from back in the day. cant remember old name on forum.

Yeah that's me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down