Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonbridge match

4 posters

Go down

Tonbridge match Empty Tonbridge match

Post by comrade powell Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:23 am

A great game for the neutral yesterday - I met up with friends who live locally and they loved every minute of a proper non league match. And it certainly had a lot of talking points with the ref leaving the pitch at ht to a crescendo of boos from the home fans who were very muted in their complaints an hour later!

While both penalty decisions could be hotly disputed by City we’d have been shouting for them had they been at the other end. The decision to disallow the Tonbridge goal at the break was presumably for a foul in the build up but the relief was soon tempered by the sight of Ollie Wright’s injury. Hopefully this isn’t a repeat of what happened at Havant last year and we do see him again. Great strike by Wilson for our second and Hayfield was desperately unlucky that his shot bounced off the post along the line.

We’ve played worse this season and won so it shouldn’t be all doom and gloom but it will be interesting to see if we are still in a playoff position come December with the tough month ahead.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Tonbridge match Empty Re: Tonbridge match

Post by BenE Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:36 pm

Pretty gutting to concede in the last minute but Joe Raynes should be satisfied he only conceded from penalties. I got the impression from the commentary that we were intent on protecting him rather than putting the game beyond Tonbridge.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:43 pm

Just watched the highlights. Should have been 3-1 up at half time, Scott couldn't be offside as the defender made a 'deliberate' attempt to play the ball as defined in Law 11.    

There did appear to be a foul on Ollie Wright in the scramble before the Tonbridge goal was disallowed, and tend to agree with Martin about the penalties. Not sure how Jordan was supposed to get out of the way for the first and Keiron probably did have his hands on the Tonbridge player but nothing worse than happens at most corners.

Need to put the two defeats behind us, dust ourselves off and make the most of the two upcoming home games before a run of Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday in November.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzer Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:11 pm

Haven’t seen the highlights so my opinion based on seeing it once. I think it’s fair to say the team became more defensive in the second half but in the circumstances not surprising, they were clearly protecting Joe. But I felt even in the 2nd half it was much more promising than last game; quicker into the tackles, Ewan tying their defenders in knots, and the team generally looking for opportunities. Credit to Joe, and all good wishes for Ollie’s recovery.

Mazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:47 pm

Looks from the highlights that both pens are justified.
Cooke may have fouled the defender in the build up to Wilson's non goal so overall looks like the ref did well throughout.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down