Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BCFC Womans Team

5 posters

Go down

BCFC Womans Team Empty BCFC Womans Team

Post by Paul1978 Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:18 pm

Quite enjoying highlights on you tube. Used too stand by manager Matt Abreau few years ago. A good man. Does anyone go down and watch them. Standard way better than I thought. England women's team could give a few Southern league teams a hard game I reckon.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

BCFC Womans Team Empty Re: BCFC Womans Team

Post by Luton Roman Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 pm

Paul1978 wrote:Quite enjoying highlights on you tube. Used too stand by manager Matt Abreau few years ago. A good man. Does anyone go down and watch them. Standard way better than I thought. England women's team could give a few Southern league teams a hard game I reckon.

Under 15 boys level is the accepted male equivalent. Aussie boys team beat Brazil women in World Cup warm up.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:10 pm

Luton Roman wrote:
Paul1978 wrote:Quite enjoying highlights on you tube. Used too stand by manager Matt Abreau few years ago. A good man. Does anyone go down and watch them. Standard way better than I thought. England women's team could give a few Southern league teams a hard game I reckon.

Under 15 boys level is the accepted male equivalent. Aussie boys team beat Brazil women in World Cup warm up.

Surprised at that. Chloe Kelly penalty against Nigeria was harder MPH than any mans hardest strike last season in Premier league.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/chloe-kellys-womens-world-cup-penalty-was-more-powerful-than-any-shot-in-2022-23-premier-league-season/ar-AA1eYvIC
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:53 pm

Bath City women drew 1 - 1 against Stockwood who came into the game with 100% record of 4 wins out of 4. City were all over them and should have been 3 - 0 up at half time. City then went 1 0 up with a superb finish at the Bristol End. Stockwood got a late equaliser with a powerful free quick. Attendance 152. Very enjoyable. Look forward too seeing the highlights. Good stuff City. Pleasant winter sunshine with shorts and T shirt weather. Free entry and £2 a programme better than these digital programmes these days. Who wants to read a programme on there phones.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Midsomer-chris and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:12 pm

Have to disagree with you there, Paul. I much prefer digital programmes provided they can be read before the match. Hard copies are so bulky these days due to all the advertising they contain. I think that clubs will increasingly go down this path especially as it cuts out the printing costs and having to recruit and organise sellers.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:16 pm

comrade powell wrote:Have to disagree with you there, Paul. I much prefer digital programmes provided they can be read before the match. Hard copies are so bulky these days due to all the advertising they contain. I think that clubs will increasingly go down this path especially as it cuts out the printing costs and having to recruit and organise sellers.
yes they'll be no paper programmes soon. i prefer reading a paper programme when bedding down. i cant stand reading it on a tiny phone screen at the ground. good for the enviroment but thats about it.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Midsomer-chris and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:39 am

Also Powell. A hard copy programme is a great souvenir from a memorable match. I have Cardiff, Stoke and Fulham away programmes too reminisce over. If digital programmes were the rage back then. No souvenir. You must agree on that point.
Paul1978
Paul1978

comrade powell and Micawber like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:13 am

What will people be able to collect in future? As a lad I used to collect all the programmes. I suppose you can still collect stamps and coins.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:20 am

Paul1978 wrote:Also Powell. A hard copy programme is a great souvenir from a memorable match. I have Cardiff, Stoke and Fulham away programmes too reminisce over. If digital programmes were the rage back then. No souvenir. You must agree on that point.

Yes I totally agree. Like many others I had box loads of old City programmes and decided earlier this year to dispose of them. But going through the boxes I couldn’t throw away some from memorable matches.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:43 am

comrade powell wrote:
Paul1978 wrote:Also Powell. A hard copy programme is a great souvenir from a memorable match. I have Cardiff, Stoke and Fulham away programmes too reminisce over. If digital programmes were the rage back then. No souvenir. You must agree on that point.

Yes I totally agree. Like many others I had box loads of old City programmes and decided earlier this year to dispose of them. But going through the boxes I couldn’t throw away some from memorable matches.
don't blame you. just throw away boring ones like east thurrock home. maybe for huge games clubs will print one off programmes as souveniers and digital for standard games.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:15 pm

tovid wrote:What will people be able to collect in future?

NFTs Laughing

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down