Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fan - Online TV Coverage?

+3
BenE
comrade powell
Khelang Roman
7 posters

Go down

New Fan - Online TV Coverage? Empty New Fan - Online TV Coverage?

Post by Khelang Roman Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:06 pm

New fan here from Northern Thailand. I've listened to matches from the end of the season on Bath City Radio. There are good highlights on the Youtube channel and I've been wondering if there's a way to watch the matches online?

Khelang Roman

Back to top Go down

New Fan - Online TV Coverage? Empty Re: New Fan - Online TV Coverage?

Post by comrade powell Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:04 pm

Welcome to the forum, Lanna, and for your support!
Apart from when fans couldn’t attend matches in person during Covid lockdown, our matches are not streamed live. However the National League ran a trial programme last season when selected matches could be watched online. I don’t know if that’s going to be properly implemented in the future.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Khelang Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:57 pm

I am fascinated to know how you got into Bath City from Lan Na.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Khelang Roman Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:18 am

BenE wrote:I am fascinated to know how you got into Bath City from Lan Na.

Just to say firstly, that 'Lanna' was a kingdom in Northern Thailand from about the 13th to 18th Century.  It's a commonly used term people still use here, much like people in Bath use 'Roman'.  I've been living in Northern Thailand since 2006.

Well, I knew I would have to explain myself one day and I just hope I don't get too much stick for it.

I was a Carlisle Utd fan from 1972 to 2017 - Over the years I got fed up with how money is ruining the game.  The 200 Million Quid Neymar transfer to PSG did it for me.  Deep down I knew it was coming, as I remember Trevor Francis being the first 1 Million Pound British Transfer.  Stopped following all football.  I'm not from Bath but went to school there in the 70's.  Followed Bath Rugby for years(A teacher, Damian Murphy and a fellow student, Johnny Palmer, played for them) and Somerset Cricket(saw them play Australia in 1977) to fill the sports void.  Felt the football itch again a few months ago.  I still felt the 'Money' thing but wanted a club that valued the fans and community at the core.  Also, looking for a club that was fairly close to Bath Rugby and Somerset Cricket.  So, that's why I chose Bath City.  Please be gentle  Smile

Last edited by Lanna Roman on Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Khelang Roman

comrade powell, Beau Nash and Midsomer-chris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Khelang Roman Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:23 am

comrade powell wrote:Welcome to the forum, Lanna, and for your support!
Apart from when fans couldn’t attend matches in person during Covid lockdown, our matches are not streamed live. However the National League ran a trial programme last season when selected matches could be watched online. I don’t know if that’s going to be properly implemented in the future.

Thanks for the message, I'll keep an eye out. Much appreciated Smile

Khelang Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:04 am

No need to apologise for supporting BathRugby and Somerset. No one is perfect! 😉
comrade powell
comrade powell

Bristol end and Khelang Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:41 am

I had this image of you sticking a pin in a map but there is a strong connection. A lot of us have supported other clubs and a lot of us despair at the way the professional game has gone so you are in good company.
BenE
BenE

Beau Nash and Khelang Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:48 pm

comrade powell wrote:No need to apologise for supporting BathRugby and Somerset. No one is perfect! 😉

"Sir" comrade supports Middx, you can find his happiness tongue with their performances in the cricket section. geek lol!
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:44 pm

Beau Nash wrote:
comrade powell wrote:No need to apologise for supporting BathRugby and Somerset. No one is perfect! 😉

"Sir" comrade supports Middx, you can find his happiness tongue  with their performances in the cricket section. geek lol!

Yes wondering about that, whether Middlesex performances count as cricket tbh. Perhaps deserves its own section called, oh I don't know, something like 'Middlesex'.

Luton Roman

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:35 am

Didn’t take long for county cricket’s most long suffering fans to bite! Very Happy

Still got a huge chip on their shoulders about…

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/specsavers-county-championship-division-one-2016-946649/middlesex-vs-yorkshire-946945/full-scorecard

And talking of real cricket…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_official_County_Championship_winners#Performance_by_county

But do enjoy your big day in the Let’s Get Pissed Blast!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:09 pm

Perhaps cricket comments could be kept to its specific area.!!

Like others I was intrigued as to discover the background to the original post even more so as having visited the Chang Mai area I never got the impression of it being a standard ex-pat destination when compared to the Thai resort areas in the south.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Khelang Roman Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:39 pm

Peter Newman wrote: Perhaps cricket comments could be kept to its specific area.!!

Like others I was intrigued as to discover the background to the original post even more so as having visited the Chang Mai area I never got the impression of it being a standard ex-pat destination when compared to the Thai resort areas in the south.

You're right there. However, there is a sizeable ex-pat community in Chiang Mai. I live in Lampang, which is about 100km south and there is a much smaller community of ex-pats; mainly because there's nothing much to see here on the Tourist route Smile

Khelang Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by daven Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:55 am

You may be interested to know, that according to the Non League paper today that the National League plan to press ahead with streaming in their North and South divisions this season after impressive top-flight results last term.

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:51 pm

One problem with watching live in Thailand is the 6/7 hour time difference. Not too bad for Saturday games but any mid-week game would be showing in the middle of the night!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Khelang Roman Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:37 am

Peter Newman wrote:One problem  with watching live in Thailand is the 6/7 hour time difference. Not too bad for Saturday games but  any mid-week game would be showing in the middle of the night!

That's true.  However, I am due to retire in the next few months.  It is one way of showing my support.  We don't change the clocks here and so BST means we're only 6 hours ahead at the business end of the season.

Khelang Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down