Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We won the cup !

4 posters

Go down

We won the cup ! Empty We won the cup !

Post by Midsomer-chris Wed May 03, 2023 12:16 am

I know a lot of people do not set a lot of store by (i.e. completely ignore Sad ) the Somerset Cup  confused , but I cannot believe that I have come on here this evening to find that no-one has mentioned the fact that . . . . . . .
WE WON THE CUP   ! ! !

I think that is worth celebrating
Very Happy Cool  cheers bounce I love you

Or perhaps the fans who travelled to the match are still out celebrating  ?  affraid  drunken  drunken  king
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

We won the cup ! Empty Re: We won the cup !

Post by Midsomer-steve Wed May 03, 2023 2:26 am

Well said Chrissie.

Having travelled on the nearly full supporter's coach - although the atmosphere was somewhat muted on the return journey, I felt that we were all most satisfied with the outcome (after the early scare of being 0-1 down).
Of the 548 fans at the game, I would place City's support at about 350  -I was amazed at the amount of people there overall  - in support of both Clubs - a very welcome testament to non-League football.
Maybe post match celebrations would have been prevalent had the match been played at a weekend but the relatively quiet sense of satisfaction seemed enough on the night. Full marks must go to Paulton's efforts in making it a good contest throughout.

A fitting end to the season.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed May 03, 2023 9:13 am

I’m certainly amongst those who do not ‘set a lot of store by the SPC’ although a few simple tweaks to the competition would rouse my interest… playing a group stage preseason to provide competitive football would serve many of the functions of the friendly fixtures and probably attract larger crowds in decent weather. Short of that, which is of course far too radical an idea for a county FA, would be to simply organise it on FA Cup lines with higher level clubs not having to enter at the early stages.
Pleased to hear that those who do enjoy these games were rewarded last night with a convincing win and trophy. And if the coach was nearly full that will be great encouragement to Cheryl Bradley who has endured a frustrating season trying to provide transport to matches.
The manager was clearly determined to cap the season with a trophy and credit to him for raising the players at the end of a difficult season. I just hope that the clinical way in which Paulton and less so Frome have been dispatched can be replicated in the Autumn when we draw the next Sevenoaks…
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed May 03, 2023 12:55 pm

Midsomer-steve wrote:Well said Chrissie.

Of the 548 fans at the game, I would place City's support at about 350  -I was amazed at the amount of people there overall  - in support of both Clubs - a very welcome testament to non-League football.

A fitting end to the season.

I predicted, in a mini "Guess the Gate" compo on BCR, 543, BIG points scored.  We won the cup ! 1f60b  We won the cup ! 1f600

comrade powell wrote:I’m certainly amongst those who do not ‘set a lot of store by the SPC’ although a few simple tweaks to the competition would rouse my interest… playing a group stage preseason to provide competitive football would serve many of the functions of the friendly fixtures and probably attract larger crowds in decent weather. Short of that, which is of course far too radical an idea for a county FA, would be to simply organise it on FA Cup lines with higher level clubs not having to enter at the early stages.

Agreed, especially if the admission costs are kept to the same as yesterday.  The preseason friendlies don't generate much interest as the admission costs are too high for glorified training sessions.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum