Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 2 Dulwich 1

+3
BenE
comrade powell
Luton Roman
7 posters

Go down

City 2 Dulwich 1 Empty City 2 Dulwich 1

Post by Luton Roman Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm

Watching a well televised and listening to a well informed commentator match on the telly the City performance on the 1st half was poor quality. Pitch difficult for both teams but after early flurry of corners Dulwich grew into it. Battens challenge was rash whether or not he got the ball.
2nd half was more of the same as City sought a way through with Dulwich content to sit back. Cody's shooting all over the place tonight but thankfully Dyers heading was not and then the in form Wilson capped a great comeback in the final minutes.

Mom for me was Harris who kept us in it throughout and especially with a brilliant save at the death. Certainly one of the top keepers we've seen at the club.

Onto Saturday 2 points behind the play off place, 8 games to go.

Last edited by Luton Roman on Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luton Roman

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

City 2 Dulwich 1 Empty Re: City 2 Dulwich 1

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:36 pm

Very entertaining game which as you suggest we could have won more comfortably if Cooke had been sharper. I agree with you about Batten’s challenge but felt for him at the end as he’d had an excellent game otherwise.
Their new manager seems to be doing a good job for Dulwich who were unrecognisable from the team we beat a few weeks ago.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:37 pm

Harris certainly makes us more secure and that last save was top notch but I agreed that Greenslade was MOM. He was everywhere.
The pitch and the weather made it difficult to play but it is the same for both sides.
I am always gratified when a team's time wasting comes back to haunt them.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:13 pm

There was a moment in the second half when I felt we wouldn't get the crucial opening and that the players' good work was being undone by the pitch, which was a far cry from that experienced at Worthing.

However, we started to control the game, the passing improved and we finally opened them up, typified by such a wonderful winning goal. Harris was calmness personified, sweeping up at the back with good judgment and with very good positioning and handling. I think the last few times I've seen Chris Lines he's been excellent all over the pitch and can really make us tick. Morton too has really grown.

This really sets up a tasty encounter on Saturday. Let's hope we pull in a bumper crowd and can give something back to St Albans after a frustrating away day there.

the demon headmaster

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:31 am

Why is the pitch a problem this year?

There were rumblings about it before this mass of games so I'm just wondering what has changed.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:30 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:Why is the pitch a problem this year?

There were rumblings about it before this mass of games so I'm just wondering what has changed.

Probably down to the extra number of games played on it. At a quick count by this time last season we had played 18 home games - this season it is 23 plus 10 games for the women's team so almost twice as many. Seems a pretty good argument for that 3G pitch.

LB

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:45 pm

There is nothing wrong with the pitch. It is in the best condition it has been at this time of the year. When it rains heavy like it has done it cuts up a bit but it has been far worse in previous years.
Generally the women don't do much damage. What does do damage is boots with blades.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down