Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Tables

5 posters

Go down

League Tables Empty League Tables

Post by Beau Nash Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:00 am

Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

League Tables Empty Re: League Tables

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:43 am

I think that this is the table which is the most disappointing...

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league-south/form-guide/ten/home

Pretty embarrassing that two of Chippenham's and Hungerford's 4 wins between them on the road came at Twerton.

With Concord, Dulwich and Taunton (all with poor away records) still to visit TP there's an opportunity to finish the season on a high for home fans. They deserve it!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:23 am

I wouldn't say embarrassing. It has been a very difficult season for the club. And that can all be pinpointed as starting with Alex's injury. Since then we have had a series of unfortunate injuries to key players. On top of that because of postponements it has made the financial side difficult especially as rearranged Tuesday fixtures have been poorly attended comparatively.
Fortunately our away form has kept us in the higher reaches of the division. Home fans though are not seeing how those away wins are achieved. Home form provides no indicator.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:48 pm

Please read my post again, Ben - I was saying that our our home defeats against two of the worst teams away from home were embarrassing.

I agree with you about the impact of Alex's injury and the stats bear that out. However before the abandoned Dulwich match we had lost half of our eight home fixtures plus a failure to beat either lower level Hartley Wintney or Sevenoaks.

And yes, we have been very unlucky with injuries to key players and there have been far too many midweek fixtures. But we're not the only team in that boat.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash, PHILB1973# and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:09 pm

Totally agree with Martin. Home form was poor before the Alex injury and yes other teams suffer player losses. Loss of our 2 strikers was difficult for sure.

Concern must be that lack of home results could damage season ticket sales/attendances

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:59 pm

pete mac wrote:Concern must be that lack of home results could damage season ticket sales/attendances

This is a concern of mine, I don't know how much of it is bluster and BS, but of the people I go with regularly at least half of them are considering not renewing their season tickets as the football has been unbelievably boring for most of the season. If that is replicated across the fanbase it would be a huge problem.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down