Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebbsfleet thread

3 posters

Go down

Ebbsfleet thread Empty Ebbsfleet thread

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:58 pm

Tough reality check likely this afternoon unless the boys can produce a performance from somewhere. Grit and resilience shown at Chelmsford would be a start.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Ebbsfleet thread Empty Re: Ebbsfleet thread

Post by comrade powell Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:11 pm

Well we didn’t suffer the heavy defeat I feared, mainly due to Ebbsfleet seemingly playing most of the game in second gear. That was the opinion of their fans sitting near me. However they gave us a lesson on how to move the ball quickly when in possession.
TBF after our sloppiness in the first half we improved and made a game of it but the damage was done in those few minutes after we equalised.
Hope those three injuries are not long term as the next month looks horrendous. Can we concede the game to Larkhall now?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:29 pm

Our chances of getting anything out of the game were slim and rapidly became slimmer as we lost a succession of players. Players that are vital to our overall coherence as a team.
I thought it was remarkable that we got a goal at all in the circumstances but all it did was give Ebbsfleet a kick in the arris and they quickly went about putting the game to bed.
It wasn't our worst performance of the season but the game highlighted all the weaknesses in a team that is shorn of some important players.
Obviously the teams coming up in the near future will not be as strong as Ebbsfleet but the composition of the remaining players does not augur well.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down