Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manager Gone

+4
PHILB1973#
Rodney
daven
Peter Newman
8 posters

Go down

Manager Gone Empty Manager Gone

Post by Peter Newman Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:40 pm

At Chippenham!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Manager Gone Empty Re: Manager Gone

Post by daven Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:06 pm

IS THIS A SURPRISE? OR OUR OF THE BLUE?
CLUB STATEMENT

Chippenham Town FC and Manager, Mike Cook, have mutually agreed to part company with immediate effect.

The Board would like to thank Mike for all he has done for the Club since his appointment as first team manager particularly in his first season with CTFC which, under his management, saw the Club avoid the threat of relegation and retain its place in the National League South.

On behalf of the CTFC Board, Chairman, Neil Blackmore said: ” Mike has helped stabilise the nucleus of the squad since taking on management of the Club’s first team and my Board colleagues and I are grateful for the energy and effort he has expended on behalf of CTFC during his time as Manager.

We part company on amicable terms and I wish him well in his future endeavours wherever they may lie.

The CTFC Board will now consider how best to move forward for the remainder of the current season and its preparations for next.

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:10 pm

Kept them safe on a smaller budget than ours.

Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by PHILB1973# Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:21 am

Pretty certain ex City player Gary Horgan is in temporary charge.
PHILB1973#
PHILB1973#

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:43 pm

Greetings.  Out of the blue this one, but all down to next season's budget I believe.  Mike Cook did a good job it has to be said, stabilised the club and saw us through the difficult lockdown period.  This season we seem to have built up a better relationship with Swindon re loan signings, and this is something we'll have to exploit further if we're to stay in this league going forward.  
Having said that there doesn't seem to be too much consternation on the terraces that he's departed, along with his staff.  He didn't seem to engage with the fans the way the previous 'MC' did, and that goes a long way, at what for this league, is a small club.
Gary Horgan (who survived the previous managerial cull) is in charge until the end of the season.  He's a popular figure at Chippenham, an experienced coach now and managed Supermarine for a spell, so it'll be interesting to see how this develops.
P.S.  don't even think about getting relegated - we need the guaranteed big gate - hopefully Taunton will join us too, that'll help! Smile
P.P.S Serious question - how have City managed to attract 1000+ gates consistently in a wretched season?  Someone must be doing a good job.

Bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:59 pm

Bluebird wrote:
P.S.  don't even think about getting relegated - we need the guaranteed big gate - hopefully Taunton will join us too, that'll help! Smile easier said than done
P.P.S Serious question - how have City managed to attract 1000+ gates consistently in a wretched season?  Someone must be doing a good job yes well done to the marketing team .
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:23 pm

Bluebird wrote:
P.P.S Serious question - how have City managed to attract 1000+ gates consistently in a wretched season?  Someone must be doing a good job.

I generally feel that lock down has helped with this. People missed the live football over the season and half so currently making the extra effort. The marketing at the club has been excellent. It will be interesting to see how next season pans out with the crowds.

Steve Whites Missus

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:01 am

Steve Whites Missus wrote:
Bluebird wrote:

I generally feel that lock down has helped with this.  People missed the live football over the season and half so currently making the extra effort.  The marketing at the club has been excellent.  It will be interesting to see how next season pans out with the crowds.

Chip gates haven't gone up, I think the marketing of the club has been transformational in recent years, continuous social media presence, recruitment and retention of sponsors and attracting a new audience. So off the pitch is really good atm I feel.

Luton Roman

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down