Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v chippenham

+9
Peter Newman
pete mac
Bridgeyate
Steve Whites Missus
turnstyle13
Luton Roman
LB
comrade powell
tovid
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

v chippenham Empty v chippenham

Post by tovid Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:48 pm

Sloppy performance so far. No energy and not playing as a team. Lucky to have one man advantage but the way we are playing it won't make any difference.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

v chippenham Empty Re: v chippenham

Post by tovid Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Incredibly flat performance.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Finally a decent ball into the box and it results in a goal. Come on push on lads.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Poor challenge from Wilson.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Great save will henry
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Very difficult to follow the action properly with such erratic camera work, especially in the first half. Why did it keep zooming in on the play instead of giving us a wider view?

The Wilson red card looked a bit harsh, nothing like as naughty as Brunt’s foul on North.

Probably a fair result as we didn’t look very sharp in front of goal today.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Think draw probably right result. Apart from first 10 minutes of second half we didn't have much tempo, but Chippenham made it difficult for us - our passing game possibly made it easier for them to defend in numbers.

Agree re stream - too often behind the action, which made for interesting watch as I had BCIR commentary which was slightly ahead.

Need to see the Wilson incident again really as not clear whether Puddy had ball or not.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Wilson isn't going to break any appearance records this season. Available for Monday I guess.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:21 pm

Yes should be available for Monday - shouldn’t be very tired I wouldn’t think.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Fair result.
‘nam defended edge of their box well. We do love a sideways pass and when it got to a fwd they were invariably on 18yd line with back to goal and going nowhere. Needed runners from midfield to give and receive a one-two.
Both sendings off seemed to be in the ‘harsh’ category.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:44 pm

turnstyle13 wrote:Fair result.
‘nam defended edge of their box well. We do love a sideways pass and when it got to a fwd they were invariably on 18yd line with back to goal and going nowhere. Needed runners from midfield to give and receive a one-two.
Both sendings off seemed to be in the ‘harsh’ category.

I'm beginning to think the 'Bath City way' is to continually play the ball back every time the team have a shooting opportunity.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

v chippenham Empty V Chippenham

Post by Bridgeyate Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:28 pm

We deserved a point today , but all this sideways passing and not getting into the box was frustrating to watch.I watched the live stream and will be happy never to listen to the Commenter ever again ! Will look forward to seeing the Red card incidents.Really felt that Donovan did not make contact with Puddy and he made a meal of it .
Thank goodness for Mark Stillman and our commentators for an un biased view and a balanced report in all games .We have the most professional team that I have listened to .

Bridgeyate

Steve Whites Missus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Given the start we’ve had to this season grateful for a point after a below par performance.

Hard to break down 2 banks of 4 with time wasting the main tactic.

Unbelievably sluggish first half.

Sure we’ll do better Monday.

Tomlinson and Evans to return?

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Chippenham always have a number of City former players in their squad so find it easy to raise their game against us especially in view of recent season's results. We,on the other hand only had 2 players in our starting side who played against Chippenham before so perhaps failed to appreciate the extra commitment they would come up against in this fixture.

Peter Newman

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:46 pm

From where I saw it from.......I am a Wiltshire resident!..... I thought both sending offs were correct.
The lino had to endure a torrent of abuse all the game from the Chip'n'pin bench despite getting all the decisions correct.
Stearn nearly suffered a heart seizure complaining they should have had a corner after Zebrosky missed and Henry never reached it.........some things never change!
Oh yes......what has happened to Brunt and Mann? Have they retired for a second time?
Probably a fair result.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Concentrating on their modelling careers I presume.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:38 pm

"Concentrating on their modelling careers I presume."

Vogue or Lego?

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:04 pm

Peter Newman wrote:Chippenham always have a number of City former players in their squad so find it easy to raise their game against us especially in view of recent season's results. We,on the other hand only had 2 players in our starting side who played against Chippenham before so perhaps failed to appreciate the extra commitment they would come up against in this fixture.

Surely the manager would have made it clear to the newer players the level of commitment they could expect.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Well next Boxing Day we might be playing Yeovil! - Managed by Jerry Gill.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:05 pm

I’d like to think Yeovil will be playing Tiverton next Boxing Day...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:18 pm

For the red cards - the first I thought was closer a red to yellow. Thought it was a needless challenge in a non-threatening area and a silly thing to do. And their manager said post-match he thought it was a red.

The second I thought Wilson slid about a yard away from Puddy and didn't connect. If he did Puddy would have been off on a stretcher as he was holding his face. So I can only imagine he lunged in dangerously and the referee thinks Puddy had to adjust to avoid serious injury. Again though he should have pulled out and he's the last player we want missing for the trophy game, assuming it gets played. I'm sure that'd be the third of his three game ban.

In any case, the old phrase 'evens themselves out' springs to mind as we could have had a player sent off in the previous three games - thought Horton should have gone at Chelmsford, Batten v Chelmsford trophy and Swindon for his kick-out near the end.

Otherwise I thought we did well to score with Chippenham playing nearly six across the back at times, which is perfectly legitimate given the situation they were in. I'm not sure how we could get more shots in centrally as it was just a wall of players in the way so we had to stretch them and hope a cross came off. Not at our best in the final third but after our deluge of goals recently we've been spoiled.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:32 am

Agree that the streaming coverage was not up to the standards we are used to. I thought the commentator was doing his best to be impartial but let himself down frequently. Everyone involved in our media presentation is incredibly professional, and that gives us high expectations.
I too tried to listen to Mark and the team instead but it was ever so slightly ahead. But having said all that I thought the chipp lads comments were understandable. Chipp had the better of the game creating several chances even when down to ten men. A number of our players were well under par and we were pedestrian at best. If we had lost I don't think it would have been undeserved.
Hopefully we can shake off that lethargy tomorrow.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:23 pm

With so many games being postponed for virus reasons the league is going to have to make some sort of decision on fixtures.
Difficult over Xmas/New year period but once 2021 starts something will have to be done. At the moment Match 1 gets called off because Team A has a positive case but Team B is clear. Whilst in match 2 Team C has a case but Team D is clear. The obvious answer is Team B should then play Team D so as to prevent all 4 sides falling behind.

Appreciate it is a simplistic solution and there are other factors to consider but say we were due to visit Chelmsford but they had to cancel whilst Braintree had to postpone because their opponents had a case - then why could we not play them instead in advance of the scheduled date.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:42 pm

tovid wrote:Agree that the streaming coverage was not up to the standards we are used to. I thought the commentator was doing his best to be impartial but let himself down frequently. Everyone involved in our media presentation is incredibly professional, and that gives us high expectations.

As I was sat directly in front of the commentator (under cover - luxury I'm not used to) it was interesting to hear how he tried to start the game impartially but became less concerned about this as the game went on. His reaction to the two red cards summed it up. He made a big thing about how Mehew was fine as soon as the Chippenham player was sent off but made no mention of Puddy's even more miraculous recovery (given his reaction to Wilson's challenge). Also he focused on how we surrounded the referee after the challenge but (of course) this was okay when Chippenham did it. The best thing though was his expletive ridden tirade about the red card as soon as he switched the microphone off at half time.

yuffie

Bridgeyate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:14 pm

I was too busy slumming it (three seats apart) with Riggy to notice what else was being said. The only other commentators I've heard this season within earshot have been Oxford, who I thought were poor as they made no effort to work out who was on the ball for us.

It is difficult because in my case I have been criticised for being too impartial, often by anonymous sources on Matchchat so it could just be trolling. For the radio away games now I expect 95% of the audience is Bath City fans, and I'm one myself, so there will be a lean that way. But if I see something excellent from the opposition I'll try and praise it as I would if it was one of our own players. Another aspect is I might need to interview some of these players if they end up joining us in the future, so I try and hold back from being ultra critical unless it's indefensible. I was pretty scathing of the Wilson red card because I maintain there was no contact.

For home games I've asked our people to be balanced because the audience is balanced. As the audio for the stream is also on the radio it means the listeners on there might be stuck without complete pro-Bath City, plus a couple of our commentators support other clubs, not that they don't like us!

I'll probably be commentating for the stream on January 2 and if I end up with a majority of both sets of fans happy I'll be content.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Bridgeyate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next