Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath 0 Weymouth 0

+2
Corstonian
tovid
6 posters

Go down

Bath 0 Weymouth 0 Empty Bath 0 Weymouth 0

Post by tovid Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Very hard fought game in front of a massive crowd. I thought the visitors dominated the first half without threatening our goal but we had enough chances to win it in the second without really getting on top.
Massive blow with regard Joe Raynes who has broken his ankle. I thought he was terrific today too.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Bath 0 Weymouth 0 Empty Re: Bath 0 Weymouth 0

Post by Corstonian Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:56 pm

Have to say I thought the first half was fairly even with the teams pretty much cancelling each other out. We were better in the second half but just couldn't get the decisive final pass or shot. Overall the result was probably about right and hopefully sets up another match in the play-offs where maybe we'll edge them out. Certainly a huge blow for both Joe and the club to lose him at this stage of the season - he'll be a tough act to follow. Also kudos to Weymouth for bringing so many fans and helping to build an atmosphere worthy of such an important game for both clubs.

Corstonian

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:46 pm

I think if you had offered the two managers a point each at 3 o'clock they would have taken it - the game was as much about not losing as winning.

I see that next Saturday Weymouth are at home to Slough and Havant go to Dorking, so we need to make sure that we do the business at Hungerford and don't have another Braintree day.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Icewater Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Thought we did very well considering the number of injuries. Thought Weymouth might have put more pressure on our defence bearing in mind we had the youth keeper making a rare appearance.
Were there some problems with Weymouth supporters after the match? Certainly nothing in the Club bars but there were some police at Oldfield Park.

Major Icewater

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm

I think any problems with them concerned overcrowding on the train to and from Weymouth.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:12 pm

I’d have been glad to not be sat next to the large topless lad with big breasts on that train!

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Nice of the Weymouth fans by the toilets to chant songs about bulldozing / burning down TP

Back to top Go down

Post by Corstonian Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:10 pm

South London Road City wrote:Nice of the Weymouth fans by the toilets  to chant songs about bulldozing / burning down TP

I wouldn't take it too much to heart - they clearly had a repertoire of songs, mostly derivative and heard at any football ground you may care to name, in which the name of the opposing club/ground/town is slotted in as appropriate. I was more concerned to hear that Bath is, apparently, a s***hole - as opposed to the medieval splendour of downtown Weymouth of course! But they'd probably consumed one or two shandies pre-match so their judgement may have been slightly impaired.

Corstonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down