Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Rigg retiring

5 posters

Go down

Sean Rigg retiring Empty Sean Rigg retiring

Post by LB Thu May 02, 2019 9:11 pm

I see that on Facebook this morning Sean Rigg posted to say that he is retiring at the end of this season.

I don't think we really saw the best of Sean because of his injuries, but when he was fit he showed what a good player he was, and did so again with a couple of touches against Wealdstone last night before being forced off again.

LB

Back to top Go down

Sean Rigg retiring Empty Re: Sean Rigg retiring

Post by BenE Thu May 02, 2019 11:23 pm

It seemed to me that usually he got injured when putting in stiff challenges himself. You know when it is time to retire when you can't do what you want to do.

But agree he showed plenty of class this season.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu May 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Yes, looked great in cameo appearances but saves difficult decision on retention. Don't think we can afford key game changers such as Rigg and Brunt out of action so often and given what they are presumably earning.

So clearly we need the 20 goal man. The Mills experience may mean JG goes for proven record at this level which means a price tag but surely the priority. Also a combative, more physical midfield to get the ball for our playmakers. Assuming Clarke stays the defence is sound with Ball adding depth.

League looking stronger next year with Aldershot and Maidstone seen as the big dogs, Weymouth keen to recapture former glories, and Dorking seemingly the new Billericay. We can't stand still and JG won't let us.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri May 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Rigg's goals per game ratio is excellent and, as I said in another thread, had he been fit it could have been the difference. Would have hit the 12-15 mark I reckon.

He's had a good career, probably deep down knows this is the highest level he could play at, also because of his other business meaning he wouldn't go full-time. Could have given it another five years, putting more strain on his body, but obviously doesn't want to go through that. That's fair enough. I wish him all the best and know he'll so well. If anyone hasn't seen his tattoo work, do. Incredible. Decent bloke as well, spent the majority of his career in the FL but didn't have an ounce of arrogance about him.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun May 05, 2019 9:18 am

Luton Roman wrote: Assuming Clarke stays the defence is sound with Ball adding depth.

I saw Keiran Hodges was at the Wealdstone game. I wonder whether he will be given the opportunity to step up to the plate.

I very much doubt Ball will be here next season.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down