Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National South and North to go to 24 teams.

5 posters

Go down

National South and North to go to 24 teams. Empty National South and North to go to 24 teams.

Post by Luton Roman Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 pm

From 20/21 according to Non league paper. Inevitable I guess given National League has had that many for a while. A few more Tuesday games then.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

National South and North to go to 24 teams. Empty Re: National South and North to go to 24 teams.

Post by Ashley Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:51 am

Assume that’ll also then be 4 going down from NLS/N, in order to do away with the super playoffs for promotion into this level.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

National South and North to go to 24 teams. Empty Re: National South and North to go to 24 teams.

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:27 pm

I wonder what they'll do with the FA Cup as well.

I know it's 'only' four more, but I found it exhausting in NLP having so many fixtures. I know, 'you don't have to go to all of them' and in those two seasons I didn't.

If we have a cup or trophy run at this level, it suddenly becomes a hassle trying to play 46 games. In the league above you at least lose some games by starting in later rounds. Thought it was mad that the Southern League and equivalents did it for so many years, ludicrously alongside a pointless League Cup.

I agree that four down should come to prevent this awkwardness from levels below, but just because leagues above play 46, don't think it means we have to. I think below step three you play fewer. Whether we'll get more revenue for extra matches or not will have to be seen, if it's a Tuesday night November rearranged match with Concord, our fifth midweek in six weeks, I don't think it'll be all-ticket.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Simple question - why? More rarely means better...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm

I think Ashley may have hit the nail on the head, as it does solve the problem of the ‘super play-offs’ in the feeder leagues.

Stillmanjunior’s point about the extra revenue is an interesting one. The question I suppose is will the income from the extra two home games offset the cost of traveling to the extra away games and the likely increase in wages as it is possible the season may be longer. As that is the season when we are likely to be playing elsewhere I think the answer could well be no.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down